Tank still cloudy?:(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

colematthewmalaka

Aquarium Advice Freak
Three Hills, AB the wheat capital of Alberta!!!
Last monday i put new sand in my tank and it's still cloudy i can see through the tank but it's still a little cloudy. I read putting a filter with carbon in will get rid of the cloudiness i have an aquaclear 300 will this do the trick, should i put a filter in and what will get rid of the cloudiness.:confused:

I like carbon.
Works well for me.

I'd give it a try.
It has loads of surface area and can "grab" the really small particles.

It may take a couple days though.

You can use filter floss in your AQ if you happen to have some, anything to trap the small floating particles. I waited a week for mine to clear and finally had to do the above.

Do you have live plants? If not or want to take them out for a few days, something I have used in the past for some cloudy water and algae preventative is "no more algae" fizz tablets. You can buy at any walmart or alot of LFS have them. I used to have very large piranha and they would stir up a mess so after I vacuumed their tank I would add one or two just to clean the water up. The box reads as an algae destroyer and im sure it does that too but it always made my water crystal clear and never harmed my fish. BUT if you have live plants you cannot use this.

Do you have live plants? If not or want to take them out for a few days, something I have used in the past for some cloudy water and algae preventative is "no more algae" fizz tablets. You can buy at any walmart or alot of LFS have them. I used to have very large piranha and they would stir up a mess so after I vacuumed their tank I would add one or two just to clean the water up. The box reads as an algae destroyer and im sure it does that too but it always made my water crystal clear and never harmed my fish. BUT if you have live plants you cannot use this.

I'm not using live plants in this tank at all.

Back
Top Bottom