Tank stock/ restock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samzter

Aquarium Advice Addict
Still thinking of options for a 55g tank and a 30g. Here's what I have now:
Cherry barbs
Panda Cories
Platies
Guppies
Dwarf Gouramis
German blue rams
Amano shrimp
Otocinclus
I think I still have some RCS left.
This is the what I'd like to do:

30g
Panda Cories
German blue rams
Guppies
Dwarf Gouramis
6 otocinclus
With a colony of red rili shrimp and red cherry shrimp

55g
Cherry barbs
2 angelfish
A pair of apistogramma agassizi fire reds.
8 glow light tetra
8 cardinal tetra
8 sterbai Cories
A colony of amano shrimp
1 snowball pleco

Is there anything you'd move or minus or add to the lists? Any other suggestions welcome!

Samzter said:
30g
Panda Cories
German blue rams
Guppies
Dwarf Gouramis
6 otocinclus

Are you doing a well planted tank? I worry for your shrimp if that is your stocking. Personally I'd leave the DGs out and let the Rams be the stars but that because I don't really like DGs haha. Your Rams will enjoy the limelight and room.

Samzter said:
55g
Cherry barbs
2 angelfish
8 glow light tetra
8 cardinal tetra
8 sterbai Cories
A colony of amano shrimp
1 snowball pleco

Is there anything you'd move or minus or add to the lists? Any other suggestions welcome!

I think you may have a little too many fish. They will be fine right now but when the Angelfish reach their potential it may be a little squeezed. Personally I would choose 2 of the 3 schooling fish you have and stick with those.

Are you hoping to rehome/move some of the above fish in these ones? If so thoughts probably won't apply. lol

30g
Panda Cories
German blue rams
Guppies
Dwarf Gouramis
6 otocinclus

Personally I'd switch out the guppies for hatchets but that's mostly because I'm not a solid fan of guppies and really want to try hatchets. ;)

55g
Cherry barbs
2 angelfish
8 glow light tetra
8 cardinal tetra
8 sterbai Cories
A colony of amano shrimp
1 snowball pleco
this set up my only worry is the tetra and the possibility they may become angel snacks. I'd maybe switch them out for something different. Something like Buenos Aires Tetra or if the guppies can't go from the above set up I'd do the hatchets here if they are compatible with everything. I don't know anything about apistos at all.

Just a quick google on them and I have to say those are some really snazzy fish.

Oh. Okay I made a typing error. It was either the apistogrammas or the angels. Sorry for the confusion! I'm not really bothered about the angels, because I really like the apistogramma.

Predfan27 said:
Are you doing a well planted tank? I worry for your shrimp if that is your stocking. Personally I'd leave the DGs out and let the Rams be the stars but that because I don't really like DGs haha. Your Rams will enjoy the limelight and room.

I think you may have a little too many fish. They will be fine right now but when the Angelfish reach their potential it may be a little squeezed. Personally I would choose 2 of the 3 schooling fish you have and stick with those.

I was thinking of rehoming the female DGs but I'm not sure. They just annoy me lol! They always steal my panda Cories food! So they can live in a 10g by themselves but, yet again it may be too small. My amanos have done fine and none have been eaten so, I hope they will do okay .

tamtam said:
Are you hoping to rehome/move some of the above fish in these ones? If so thoughts probably won't apply. lol

Personally I'd switch out the guppies for hatchets but that's mostly because I'm not a solid fan of guppies and really want to try hatchets. ;)

this set up my only worry is the tetra and the possibility they may become angel snacks. I'd maybe switch them out for something different. Something like Buenos Aires Tetra or if the guppies can't go from the above set up I'd do the hatchets here if they are compatible with everything. I don't know anything about apistos at all.

Just a quick google on them and I have to say those are some really snazzy fish.

I'm planning on rehoming the platies . Maybe the female dwarf Gouramis. Not sure on the guppies though. Predfan: I could move the german blues to the 55.

Back
Top Bottom