Tank stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ralphie126

Aquarium Advice Freak
Or my 40g tank.... So far I have 3 female convicts that r 2 inches, a shark that is 3 inches 4 tiger barbs and can I add a rubber Pleco?

Idk how big convicts get but either way it sounds like you have plenty of room.

Red-tailed shark is fine in there FOR NOW, but be aware as they get bigger and more agressive you'll need to move it out of there into a bigger home, maybe 75+ gallons.

I have 7 tiger barbs and just got a pair of convicts and I love them so much!!!!!!! Theyre so awesome!! And they get along pretty good so far I also have a Senegal bichir and 1 convict snapped at him once because of territory but other than that theyre awesome. Good luck with them!!!

So far I have 4 tiger barbs, 1 red tailed shark, 3 convicts, and a rubber lip Pleco.... What else can I add or that's it? Something to make the tank look nice

Since the convicts are not males or breeding can I get a pair of yellow labs? Or no don't mix

I wouldn't add any other cichlids. Maybe bump your barbs up to a total of 7 or 8. You might could add some serpae tetras or other schooling fish that could fend for itself in your semi-aggressive setup. Maybe someone else will chime in on what you could do.

I think you should add more barbs and put another school of some other fish. Just make sure they are fast because of the convicts

In my personal opinion I think you shouldn't add anything else, if the convicts and tiger barbs are getting along fine but I'd rather keep the peace than test the convicts personality...

Back
Top Bottom