Tank update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acolotto

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've had my tank for about a year and 8 months now. Everything is been great since addition of LEDs. I did lose a clown and my mandarin after about of having him for 1 yr and 3 months jumped :(. But here's a fts I'm starting to buy some more corals to add some life. My stock is 1 clarkii clown, coral beauty, pj cardinals, and a lawnmower blenny, frogspawn, rbta, hammer, zoas, Duncan's, brain(bought as recovery), galaxia, and a coral banded shrimp. Let me know with ideas what to add fish and coral wise...I have 2 120w LEDs over a 55 gallon. The less are the 120 w taotronics 30 white and 25 blue 3 watt leds

Attachments

• image-233032882.jpg
    image-233032882.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 101
  • image-1174863051.jpg
    image-1174863051.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 97
  • image-2655558604.jpg
    image-2655558604.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 97
  • image-985050097.jpg
    image-985050097.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 93
There are a vast number of things you can support. Just don't overdo it. In a good setting a single coral can get quite big and spectacular. Leave room for growth.

The galaxia isn't a favorite, but any LPS corals like hammers, trumpets, etc. would work well together. Some soft corals like waving hand are good anemone replacements, but growth can get out of control. More zoas, mushrooms of all kinds, GSP, capricornus, most of the easier hard corals like birds nest towards the top of the reef.

I wanna get some acans and some sps but can't find any out here in Vegas that I really like for the prpce

My advice is buy small frags and be patient. Real patient. The outcome is if your system isn't up to snuff, only a tiny frag was lost, then you make adjustments. If your water quality and everything else is right, those small frags are going to grow into prize specimens. Don't buy that $300 big head of acropora, no matter what the LFS says unless you are also well healed enough to lay that same $300 on the roulette wheel.

Yea that's why I haven't bought any out here a small frag of acro is $80 to $120...I'll prob just do a bulk buy to get a good amount of sps, shrooms, ricordeas (which I really like), zoas and lps order like 10 to 15 frags of the variety online to get free shipping. Any good website to order off of? I know live aquaria is good but divers den isnt that cheap lol

Back
Top Bottom