Tankmate suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blu3Shyft

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just bought my wife a 30 gallon tank off Craigslist, and she's pretty excited to have her own tank. The only problem is deciding what fish she wants vs. what fish are compatible.

The substrate is black sandy/fine gravely. Water is going to be fresh, but I have 'aquarium salt' to try brackish.

She likes Peacock Eels, Violet Goby, Glass Catfish, White Cheek Goby, Dojo/Weather Loach, some Fancy Guppies catch her eye now and then, and She's got an Opaline Gourami that's currently living in my daughter's tank.

I think her first choice is the White Cheek Goby, but we're having a hard time finding info on what would be compatible. I know Gobys are bottom dwellers, so we'd like something that'll be mid to top of tank too. Something colorful that won't likely get eaten, but if they do, won't break hearts.

Any help is appreciated.

Since you included the dojo loach in your list, you could put a few dojos with 1 or 2 fancy goldfish. You could also add some minnows since they are also a coldwater species

Back
Top Bottom