Tattooed Fish. Why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol awww please? ;) We could start our own extreme FERM ....

We could arrest people for being crappy to fish. Kind of like the DEA we can just bust up in their house and cuff 'em!

I don't know what would happen if someone bought one of them for a birthday or valentines day or something. Give it back..??...

The most we can do is get the word out. Pretty much the only way to do help to inform ppl that the dying and tattooing is harmful and extremely cruel to the fish. Knowledge is power lol. If only there was a way to do this to the masses like a big news broadcast or something.

We could ways chain ourselves to light posts outside bad lfs's and scream at anyone who goes near the door lol.

But then we're preventing people from buying fish at all. Maybe we should bring a shark and throw a bucket of fish guts on them when they come out :p

If it's a bad lfs then it's probably not a good place to get any fish there at all but idk. I can't judge every lfs in the world.. Nay... Universe, that may have tattooed fish as being bad.

Also +1 for Taylor. That's what I would have done.

I guess there are pretty.. dumb people here in the US.. although I still can't understand how to express my love any better than the word love written in a 1st grader's handwriting on the side of a half dead fish?

we could ways chain ourselves to light posts outside bad lfs's and scream at anyone who goes near the door lol.

but then we're preventing people from buying fish at all. Maybe we should bring a shark and throw a bucket of fish guts on them when they come out :p

if it's a small lfs, you could always try to talk to the owner. Or a manager at petsmart/petco/etc.

i guess there are pretty.. Dumb people here in the us.. Although i still can't understand how to express my love any better than the word love written in a 1st grader's handwriting on the side of a half dead fish?

+1 lol

I guess there are pretty.. dumb people here in the US.. although I still can't understand how to express my love any better than the word love written in a 1st grader's handwriting on the side of a half dead fish?
Krap, try rephrasing that cr@p, "... dumb people in the world....".
You ain't seen nothing until you go into Asian fish markets and see deliberately mutilated fish, and they export'em here to the ignorant.

Heart shaped BPs anyone? Tails amputated at the peduncle.
They do this (and other mutilations) with other species too.

2198322342_59a22e9555_o.jpg

Color%2BParrot%2BFish%2B02.jpg

And if you wanna talk about gross, lets look at selective breeding.
The poor Goldfish has been bred into (IMHO) many grotesque forms, look at the Bubble Eye, Celestial Eye, Ryukin and others, gross genetic deformity in the name of beauty.

You'd be much better off trying to educate people on the effects on their pocket book. Talk to them about how cruel this is to the fish and most will look at you like your crazy (I'd be one of them. They are, after all, still only fish.). But, explain to people how they are going to pay more money because they are "cooler looking" for a fish that is going to live a much shorter amount of time because the dying damages their health, and they'd probably listen a little more.

PETA= extremism. Extremism= no one takes you seriously. PETA= a big bad joke.

Vote with your dollar. No agencies need get involved if that happens. ;)

You could not have said truer words . Some PETA follower overheard me once talking about my dogs . She stated that keeping dogs was cruel and that I should open my doors and let them run free (in which PETA actually believes) . I say to her , so it's better to let my dogs starve to death living on the streets , getting hit by cars , abused by strangers etc; etc; rather than me giving them the best of care in my home and my safe , large fenced in back yard , where they get the best dog food money can buy , great vet care , a warm soft bed in the wiater and a cool A/Ced home in the summer , heart worm and flea free , spayed and neutered so there is not more unwanted puppies running the streets , clean and brushed every day and spoiled absolutely rotten . She had nothing to say after that , but if it was up to them , we would have NO pets .

Instead of taking an organizational approach to combating dyed/painted fish, take a personal proactive approach. For example, one of my favorite LFS near an old residence started stocking fish of such a caliber. I took offense, and explained to the manager (who knew who I was, having been a customer for some time) my extreme displeasure at their choice to stock said fish. On my next visit, the fish were still being sold. This time, I told the very same manager (who looked awful sheepish, obviously having done his own research) that if I came back once more and the fish were still in stock, I would permanently remove my business from their shop, and tell EVERYONE I knew in the hobby to avoid their business.

One week later, nary a dyed fish in their tanks.

I was just looking at wiki for some info about some different fish i can put in my brackish and came across this...Indian glassy fish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia i couldn't believe it, thats so cruel i couldnt believe it when i read the article

Be careful about Wiki though because anyone and everyone can put info in at will. I use it but just like AQ Advisor I don't take it literally and I double check all the info. I believe that fish is actually called Indian Glass fish, not glassy fish lol.

That being said, that is indeed sad and I feel sorry for fish that that happens to.

i do know that anyone can post on wiki and it wasn't the general info of the fish and yes i know that they are called indian glass fish not glassy. but it was just the picture and the info on the people injecting them with the dye that disturbed me

Back
Top Bottom