Tell me how to do this to my old 10 gallon tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

germanyt

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'd like to do a planted tank and preferrably without a CO2 setup. I guess I could if I had to and it wasn't crazy expensive. I also intend to use mostly sunlight unless I absolutely have to invest in a new light assembly. Anyway, I'm probably being unrealistic but this is what I'd like to do.

1_PinheiroManso_2008.jpg

I don't know anything about plants or substrate and tank conditions for this so help me out please. I know the tree is moss that is tied to a piece of wood but aside from that I have no clue.

It looks like moss and dwarf hair grass. I think you'd need some pretty high light to keep the grass that low.

The tree looks like its formed by just tying some moss to driftwood and letting it grow and trim.

It'll be cool if you can do it.

It looks like moss and dwarf hair grass. I think you'd need some pretty high light to keep the grass that low.

The tree looks like its formed by just tying some moss to driftwood and letting it grow and trim.

It'll be cool if you can do it.

It's hard to tell cuz it's far away..but I would have to probably agree. It looks really cool though.

That's really neat. I saw that picture before and really wanted to try something like that. I believe that tree is made with flame moss. To grow something like that the only real investment is the lighting. You will also need fertilizer and Co2

The good thing about Co2 for a 10g tank is that its simple and cheap to do. It takes 3 bottles, some airline tubing, sugar, water, and yeast. Here is a link to what you would be able to use.

Fertilizer is a negligible cost. For about $15 you can get a macro / micro nutrient mix for most of the nutrients that your plants will need.

Planted Aquarium Fertilizer - Dry Fertilizers, Dry Fertilizers, , , Planted Aquarium Fertilizer - Macro Micro Nutrient Mix, Macro Micro Nutrient Mix,

I bought a bag to fertilize my 55g about a month ago and haven't even started to put a dent into the amount of fertilizer I got from that website. I expect it to last me for another 8 months or so before I have to buy more. For a 10g tank I would expect it to last years

You would also need to dose phosphate which is a negligible cost. You can use fleet enema from any pharmacy. There is a link to using it in the stickies here.

As for the light I might go for a marineland double bright LED for your tank. That's really the only cost involved in doing a setup like that.

Back
Top Bottom