Ten Gallon Planted tank Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unstopaBULLFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I will be starting my ten gallon planted within a month. The tank is already cycled and has been cycled for about a year. There will be a major rescaping substrate changing and glass cleaning along with lots of equipment being added. It's time to decide the stock. If something says locked it means that they are already in my tanks or I will defintely be putting them in.

This is what I have planned, advice and feedback is ALWAYS appreciated:

Ten Gallon:

Pair of rose badis (Locked)
Nice male or female halfmoon plakat betta (Pref. female) (This is NOT a LOCK) (I really like this one, AquaBid.com - Item # fwbettashmp1449276603 - Black Yellow Glass HM PK M# M703 - Ends: Fri Dec 4 2015 - 06:50:03 PM CDT)
2 Otos (locked)
School of 7-8 microrasboras (Pref. Phoenix Rasbora or Borora Maculatus)
Possibly some type of shrimp that isn't amano, (There will be plenty of hiding spaces due to the fact that I am planning to make this a heavily planted tank)

Wouldn't do a betta with badis. Just give the badis the tank... add rcs and it will be perfect

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wouldn't do a betta with badis. Just give the badis the tank... add rcs and it will be perfect

Ok, but what about the micro rasboras?I can't find anything about microrasboras with rose badis or anything in the badis family in general, but I have seen lots of people who say that they successfully keep micro rasboras like the phoenix rasboras with dario dario... not the same family as rose badis but similar...

I mean.. what are you after? Breeding? Heavily heavily stained water with nothing but a living/reproducing food source. Show tank? Badis and rasboras, lots of moss and rcs would be chilll

I mean.. what are you after? Breeding? Heavily heavily stained water with nothing but a living/reproducing food source. Show tank? Badis and rasboras, lots of moss and rcs would be chilll

I'm going for a heavily planted show tank, as of now I'm not planning to keep any moss other than a little fissidens in the foreground... I will have a carpet of star repens though...Breeding is not what I'm going for but hey who doesn't want a colony of shrimp or some rose badis? Glad you agree with the badis and rasboras idea...I like the idea of a colony of shrimp so I will probably add those once it is definitely safe with lots of hiding spots and plants to break the fishes line of sight. I'm leaning more toward some neocaridina species other than RCS, kind of tired of seeing the same old shrimp... I think lemon shrimp are pretty chill too and not that commonly seen so might do those if I add shrimp.

If you decide to go with shrimp orange sakura have really nice color.

If you decide to go with shrimp orange sakura have really nice color.

Thought about it, Orange is my least favorite color though... I just don't really like orange fish at all other than Koi Angels

EDIT: I forgot about red rili shrimp... I love those guys... My second favorite neo shrimp after blue rili shrimp...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom