Terracotta pots for plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubbles0oO

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just bought 4 tiny terra cotta pots for my 10 gal

Here's the idea
Put gravel in pot to hold down plants

Is there any specific way to clean them?
I read that just rinsing them in how water can be ok, it Dosent seem like enough to clean it up.

Bubbles0oO said:
I removed the stickers and the part under the sticker is 2x darker than the parts not under the sticker, is that ok? Also how do I know of its glazed

That's fine. It's just a bit of adhesive from the sticker soaked into the terra-cotta. If its shinny it's glazed.

Ok I have also read that it can leech metals that are bad for shrimp, would they be bad for mystery snails too? They are going in my mystery snail/ fry tank

Ok so I'll rinse them well, should I rinse in declorinated water or is tap water fine?

I don't want my fry to get stuck in the gravel ( sand would work I this case) but my snails are there to breed and I want to be able to see them to count

Hehe yea they've grown a lot more in the grow out tank than in the adult tank, that and I want to watch the colors come in!

Came home and the water was cloudy do I did a pwc and it seems to have cleared up.

Back
Top Bottom