Terrified Pink Kissing Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Relic1882

Aquarium Advice Regular
I don't know what to do. I have a Pink Kissing Gourami and a Flame Dwarf Gourami. The Flame Dwarf is hiding behind the rocks all the time and comes out once in a while, and whenever the Kissing Pink guy goes that way the flame jumps out of nowhere and chases the pink dude around! He's biting at his tale and acting very territorial and I have no idea why! Ever since he's been doing this for a week now the pink guy is terrified of everything! If you walk toward the aquarium and he sees you he flies like lightning all over the tank! I don't get it because he's not hiding. He's always out and swimming around. It's weird. Any suggestions? I know Dwarf gouramis might get somewhat territorial but I didn't think they were supposed to get so hostile. There's only one of him so I wouldn't think it would be protecting eggs or anything. Any comments will help out thanks!

Dwarf Gouramis can be very aggressive and territorial. You might just have a bully in that one.

Well that stinks. :( I never had a bully gourami. Oh well, I guess ya gotta start somewhere! My new Silver Dollar will show him who's boss lol. :)

Back
Top Bottom