Test Results

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ArcardX

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just tested my Aquarium and the results were: PH 7.4 Ammonia 0.0. Nitrite 0.0 and Nitrate 20

So do you think the tank us ready for fresh water fish?? I though buy maybe 4 today, is that alright ??

Attachments

• image-3616881399.jpg
    image-3616881399.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 87
  • image-3869428119.jpg
    image-3869428119.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 75
LyndaB said:
What size tank, how long has it been set up and how did you cycle it?

For a week now, with Nutrafin and my external filter Eheim 2217

I have heard that nutrafin cycle does not contain the proper bacteria for a fish tank. Others will argue that it does. I have also read that using this product can actually stall the "real" cycling process in your tank.

That said, what do the directions say on the Cycle bottle as far as when you add your fish?

Under normal circumstances, your readings would indicate a tank that is ready for its first fish.

It's not that they don't look real. Your tank looks great!

Plants in a tank you're trying to cycle can absorb the nitrates thus giving you incorrect readings and throwing off your cycling. You might want to remove them and keep doing readings to see just how far into the cycle you are.

No, they look real enough I just wanted to make sure. You can put fish in now. Don't put to many in at once I suppose, but really there is no reason to wait. Going out of your way to cycle now would be cycling just for the sake of having cycled, not for the fish.

Thanks !! I put already 10 Black Tetra Neon and a Barbus d'odessa and they are really happy !! XD

So, what size is this tank? I can't see where you gave us that info.

The odessa barb can reach 4 inches even though typical is about 3. They require groups and you should have at least 5 of them.

It's 65G 36x24x18 and about the Barbus in the magazine they told me is ok for now but I have in my head another one, but right now he is like The big Boss of the Tetras Hehehe

Back
Top Bottom