Tetra SafeStart cycling?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amateuraquaria

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone...

I've done some research on the cycling process of a new aquarium and discovered that Tetra SafeStart accelerates the cycling procedure (and allows you to immediately add fish). As I'm new to fish keeping, I have some questions...

How often should I test the water using SafeStart?

How often/when should I change the water?

What levels of ammonia/nitrite are considered dangerous for fish?

What hardy fish should I use during cycling?

And also please share your experience with SafeStart...all answers appreciated and thank you in advance :thanks:

If you're doing a fish cycle get something like dainos, they're hardy. I used a safestart on my tank, but it had been running for 3-4 weeks before as well and was halfway through. You need to check water daily, with liquid test kit, strips are junk. Get a quality conditioner liker seachem prime, dose for FULL size of tank even if you only change a little water. You'll do water changes every other day, as prime detoxifies nitrites and ammonia for 48 hours. Anything over 0.25 for ammonia and over 0 for nitrites is bad for the fish. Just keep doing w/c and adding prime.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom