Tetra Safestart Plus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claireabigailq

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone! I was wondering about a product called Safestart plus, does anybody know about this stuff? Does it work? I would like to try it if it does work. Thanks!

I used nutrafin cycle and everyone said the same. I think it does work but it depends on your luck. It depends on how it has been stored as if it hasn't been stored properly all the Bactria dies and all your money has gone on a worthless/expensive bottle of liquid

According to what I've read, Tetra Safe Start is the best bottled bacteria you can buy. Even then, it's not a guaranteed quick cycle. The age of the bottle probably does have an effect on how well it works.

I would still test, and perform pwc's as needed. I think it says not to change any water for 2 weeks, I wouldn't follow that part of the instructions.

It saved one of my tanks that crashed into a mini cycle.

Supposedly "DR. Tims live live nitrifying bacteria" is the best on the market. I think storage and freshness would have the most impact on any brand.

Back
Top Bottom