tetras and tiger barbs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know the kind of tetra (they are being donated to me), but they are the same size as danios. 55 gal tank, schools of 6ish. I'd like to have a school of larger tetras too, like black skirts or something.

I would imagine black skirts and tiger barbs would do ok together. Keep at least 8 barbs to minimze aggression.

I wouldn't go with Neon's, but I think any other type of tetra should be fine. The real key is having enough tiger barbs so they don't pick on the tetra's. I would suggest doing atleast 10, but you might be able to get away with 8.

Thanks guys.

In other news:

What kind of tetra is this?
img_711590_0_7b354afc0ba5a4005d0ba4192cfe17cd.jpg

The colour in this shot is horrible. There are some black/white horizontal stripes on his tail that didn't come out and the eye is a little more reddish.

Yeah, that shot was right after I put him in his new home last night. He was a little freaked out for a while but this morning is swimming around like he owns the place. I'm going to pick up some company at the lfs today (this was a donor fish from a friend who was sick of his tank). There were 2 tetras and one I haven't seen since i put him in. As soon as we put him in the bag to transport he flopped over like he was dying for a few minutes and then seemed fine. Then when I got home, acclimated them, and turned them loose in my tank it did the same thing and I haven't seen it since.

Back
Top Bottom