that darn bba

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justahamm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i noticed i have developed a case of bba and have been doing some reading on the stuff. i was going to up my CO2 intake (none right now) and i was thinking about getting two or three american flag fish. i read on a thread earlier today about acquiring new plants that some people dip their plants in a diluted bleach solution. I was wondering if that would help me in the fight against bba. any suggestions and tips would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

The only fish known to eat BBA are SAE. Even then it's no guarantee. I spot treated mine with excel then the fish (mostly my SAE) did the rest. Hasn't been back since. A bleach dip will help. I think its 1:19 bleach:water for 5 min?

Cool. I went ahead and did the bleach did and I knew about the SAE. But I've also ready that there are also false Siamese around too. How do you tell the difference?

Thanks. I read that article and I have been on a more aggressive offensive. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can beat this stuff. Thanks again for the help.

Back
Top Bottom