That Fish Place review.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Iceman72

Aquarium Advice Activist
Yesterday my wife and I decided to take a trip up to Lancaster, PA and check out "That fish place." The store was amazing! They had several man made indoor I ground pools. One had a very large petting pool. You could pet the sting rays. That was interesting. One of the. Sting rays liked to almost come out of the pool to get pet. They had an amazing selection of everything you can imagine you would need for any fish person. Then we walked into the first massive room. They had the biggest selection of fresh water fish I have ever seen! This section was about the size of a Dollar Store. They even had a nice section of those glow in the dark fish. Then we walked into the famous salt water section. I was in heaven! The room was massive!!! They had several tanks with all sorts of corals for sale. They also had this massive kinda walk up tank than was about waist high that you could pick out various frags and corals. Each was labeled with numbers so you could easily identify what everything was and it's price! They had about 12 or so isles with tons of different fish. From tiny little fish to huge football sized puffers. They also had a couple rows of various live rock. The place was amazing.

Now my only issue was when I went to an employee. Lol. Now I expected in such a store the folks in the sale water section wold not be complete tards. Now I consider myself to be a noob and nothing more. But I do know some things to be fact. Like tap water in salt water tanks is pointless. I was asking a guy if they sold rodi and he laughed and said no. I asked why. He then goes to say we don't sell water like those stupid chain stores like petsmart or petco. I said well buddy they don't sell water there really. Just the packaged stuff but not stuff they make themselves. He laughed again as if I was wrong. Then he asked me why I would want to buy water. Then I'm laughing in amazement at this point. He asked me what kind of water was I using..., I said right now I have switched to distilled water until I move and eventually I would get a rodi system. He laughed at me and said distilled was the worse water of them all. He went on to say that tap water has all the nutrients fish need and me using distilled was making the fish sick. Said he recommended me using tap until I got an rodi system. After that I basically stopped talking to him because I realized nothing from that point could I take seriously.

So I promptly paid for my stuff and from this day on I will never ask another question in stores. I will just go by what I read on forums through my own research.

Over all I give the store a 4 out of 5. It would be 5 out of 5 if it weren't for the stupid employee working in the most important most expensive part of the entire store.

Photos from my trip

Attachments

• image-846159598.jpg
    image-846159598.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 87
  • image-69608577.jpg
    image-69608577.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 78
  • image-1256483065.jpg
    image-1256483065.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 70
  • image-2425922165.jpg
    image-2425922165.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 89
  • image-2539693155.jpg
    image-2539693155.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 78
More pics

Attachments

• image-3846295122.jpg
    image-3846295122.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 72
  • image-3417122488.jpg
    image-3417122488.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 75
  • image-1097152877.jpg
    image-1097152877.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 64
Nice review! I was just up there two Wednesdays ago! Great store and selection of sw fish and corals. I've never really interacted with any of their employees other than asking them to get me livestock.

My wife and I are in love with that place now. Looks like I will be up there many more times.

What are in PA are you in. I'm in south Hanover.

That place is awesome!! I went there once when I lived in Delaware. Wish there was something like that place everywhere in the country.

My wife and I are in love with that place now. Looks like I will be up there many more times.

What are in PA are you in. I'm in south Hanover.

I'm in md actually but only about an hour and a half away. Definitely worth the trip! Picked up an ora maxima clam when I was there

I go there a few times a year now, since i moved further away. I used to go about once a month. Dry goods are priced well, but the livestock prices were a little steep. Pretty awesome store though. They boast the largest pet store in the world.

Back
Top Bottom