The Aqueon 4 gallon nano tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharpchick

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Bought it yesterday on clearance.

It was an impulse buy (don't get me started about rescuing just one more betta).

For starters, it's not 4 gallons - more like three.

I've had to buffer the filter output with a doubled over piece of knee high hosiery to keep from slamming the poor betta around and dislodging plants. Fortunately, you can direct the flow of the thing to some degree.

The smallest heater I could get is one of those 2-10 gallon things, and keeps this tank about 82 F, which I don't like. So I've unplugged the heater for now, and am going to see if the LEDs will keep it warm enough. They fog up the plastic cover over the main tank.

Anyone else have this tank? Any tips on using it? I have a male crowntail betta in there with some fast growing stem plants right now.

I actually have that tank myself and yeah the filter is strong. Now that I have it heavily planted it breaks up the current ( and of course turn it to the lowest setting). I haven't had the heat issues (been a nice 76-78 for me with a standard submersible in the filter housing). You could try putting a few small holes in the pump hose if you really want to cut down the flow. I also considered hooking a piece of sponge over the outlet with a rubber band. Like I said though the plants and wood have helped a lot.

Here is a crappy picture of the current set up :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 94
I think a Hydor Theo 25w should fit in the back compartment well. It's an adjustable heater and it's been keeping temps stable in my 6g.

I took the heater out, and the tank is maintaining 75F, even at night.

On the next water change, I'll be seeing what I can do to minimize the noise that's developed in the pump.

Here's Lucky in his new digs:
73133-albums11654-picture51822.jpg

When the tank matures, I'll replace the planted anacharis and hygro with a cyrpt. I think the light in this tank might let me do a red crypt - maybe even ludwigia.

What do you guys think?

Back
Top Bottom