The Best Day Ever!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ace1uno_00

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I woke up today with a really bad case of MTS.
I check Craigslist.com for tanks in my local area.
I find 3 great deals...... Lord help me.....

First one is: 55 Gallon Jebo tank and stand with filstar XP2, Rena Heater 200 watt and lights for 50$ In Sacramento. i bought it.

Second: 80 Gallon acrylic tank with stand heater and light for 50$ In Vallejo.... I promise you i bought it...

last but not least...... 55 Gallon tank. Just the tank 10$ Here in my local vacaville...... I bought it.
LOL!!!
So lets see... I now have....
A 5 Gallon
A 10 Gallon
A 20 Gallon
2 55 Gallon
A 80 Gallon

I think i went overboard. AND I LOVE IT!
:twisted:
Today was great! All i did was drive around in my truck and pick up some sweet tanks with my friends all day. i Now have a tank in every room in my house. should i put one in the bathrooms and kitchen too?!?!? lol
I cant wait to cycle them all and stock them.... I'm Juiced. its like 1:40 AM and im wide awake lookin at these tanks...

Dude...you are so crazy! How long have you been an aquarist? I hope you didn't bite off more then you can chew...

ace1uno_00 said:
I woke up today with a really bad case of MTS.

I think that you can get a cream for that.... :?

First one is: 55 Gallon Jebo tank and stand with filstar XP2, Rena Heater 200 watt and lights for 50$ In Sacramento. i bought it.

That is an incredible deal...even used that should have gone for $200+.

should i put one in the bathrooms and kitchen too?!?!? lol

Don't laugh, I have tanks in my kitchen and bathrooms...even my pantry.

I've been an aquarist for about 4 years. I'm really starting to take it serious though.
I bit off alot, but im satisfied. For now....
I actualy Have another tank i want to look at but this one will be a gift for someone else. I swear. lol

have you finished your DIY acrylic tank yet ace? and I think youll be just fine!!...lol. thanks for the info on where your looking these up at!.. there seems to be only 51 adds total in my area but that might just take time...LOL :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

wow, cool site, i wish they had something like that for Florida

GreenMagi. I already started. i have taken like 12 pics so far i will document everything on here once its done. that tank is a BEAST its 48L 20W and 20H
Its taking longer than i expected becuase i did not do the overflow boxes like i originaly planned.

AshleyNichole you should check Craigslist.com its everywere. Not Just in CA.

LOL @ Toirtis. So tanks in my kitchen and bathroom arent such a bad idea. I might do the 83 gallon tank im building in wall of the bathrrom and run it into the closet of the room next to the bathroom.... but its just an idea....

Wow, that is serious case of mts!!!! But if you got room, and are willing to spend the money on it (although not much, you got GREAT deals there!!!!), go for it!!!!!
8)

Boricua, that's crazy! I am soooo celoso! BTW, I had a tank in my kitchen for a while. Now it's in the dining room.

Well, off to craigslist.

Aww I'm Sorry Ashley.

Well i just spent about 4 hours cleaning and setting up the tanks.
The Filstar xp2 is like brand new. and the Jebo tank came with a Python syphon so i connected it to my shoer and filled the tanks. lol

I put the Jebo in the kitchen.

I didnt want to tell you guys cuz you might think im crazy. There is a girl in sacramento witha 80 gallon acrylic tank with stand light and HOB filter for 100$ should i buy it? lol This tank would go in my bedroom and i would sell the bare 55 gallon tank? yeah good idea?

That is certainly a good deal on the 80-gal. I'd take a look at it and then see what you could get for the 55.

You rock!!

I sold both my old tanks on Craigs list. I had the oppisate of MTS, I just wanted one bigger tank. Every extra tank requires a lot more work, I just really wanted one perfect tank.

I BOUGHT THE 80 GALLON!!!
and i sold the 20 gallon hex i had today.
Im going NUTS!
The 80 Gallon didnt have a HOB it has a CANISTER filter! FLUVAL 404!!! Crazy!

ace1uno_00 said:
I BOUGHT THE 80 GALLON!!!
and i sold the 20 gallon hex i had today.
Im going NUTS!
The 80 Gallon didnt have a HOB it has a CANISTER filter! FLUVAL 404!!! Crazy!

Nice! Sounds like some great deals. Now get to work!

Back
Top Bottom