the big move :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarahh

Aquarium Advice Freak
so this week has sucked on an epic scale.
for the past month or so we've had every filter we own on the tanks that are running. help with cycle etc.

we moved all the tanks successfully. All of the adult cichlids lived. the community tank suffered a loss of three tetra, one clown loach and one lace catfish. now the tank has ich

the baby cichlid tank suffered an acei loss

the 10 g QT went mental.. i fed the fish in there a freezedried bloodworm which was overcome by fungus and turned into a gelatinos blob.. i have to boil the whole frigging thing now grr.

The adult dollars and angel got ich! with the australians! dang it all!! i thought that if the fish had no signs of ich for months, there was no ich in the tank.... what gives!

anyway, with any luck, that's the end of it, and the new house will be fine.
sorry, i had to have a ittle vent...

First off I'm sorry for your losses, now I would just check the water params and let that be your guide as far as where your at in terms of water issues.

The bloodworm has me scratching my head cuz I don't see how that can ruin a tank.

If ich is a widespread problem I would remove the decor, rinse it off, do a very detailed vaccum of your gravel, after that do a 70% water change and then begin raising the temp to 86 where I would keep it until all signs of ich are gone and then some.

Just to reiterate what Chad said, raise the temp SLOWLY over the course of a few days until you get the temp up to 86F. Keep it there for two weeks after you've seen the last white spot on any fish. Then slowly bring the temps back down to what you normally keep them at.

Sorry for your losses! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom