The Bio Cube 29 Information Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also is it advised to get a circulation pump like a koralia if so what size?

And tap water for SW tanks are a nono right?

Kato401 said:
I have actually never cleeaned the bio balls cuz the lfs said not to they said by cleaning them they would lose their bio organisms, I do water changes every two weeks, I kinda got behind on it, so now every two weeks water change because i had red slime algae, i cut the lights back after the slime, it's finally going away been bout a month since started treating slime.....I feed every other day, I'm sure it's my phosphates for the algae I don't know they exact phos levels, but right now i have the blues come on at 9 whites on at 10- whites off at 6 blues off at seven....is that too much I appreciate all the help I am still new to this, learning as I go.....as far as doing half the rack, i have bout 50 lbs live rock in tank, does that matter, and when I do it what should i put in the 1st rack as far as chemicals?

If you never cleaned those balls I bet that is where your trouble lies.

Also your lfs is right you will wash off BB that's why you don't do them all at once.

22engine said:
If you never cleaned those balls I bet that is where your trouble lies.

Bingo!!

22engine said:
Also your lfs is right you will wash off BB that's why you don't do them all at once.

And did I mention Bingo?!

The 22 Engine is right on the money. You should be washing a handful every now and again. Not all at once but a few here and there. Those are a nice breeding ground for NitrAtes.

Engine where is your mug shot? Still running sponge and charcoal standard setup. Took bio rings out.

set up biocube hqi last night but can not seem to get light to turn on. if you look at bulb there is a light blue tinge to the bulb...i know schism says wait before powering up again, but light never turned on in first place...just this blue tinge in middle of bulb...any ideas?

Yes on would go with the media rack as fuge personally. Don't use the balls. You can take them all out now and start fresh. You have options with the media rack. You can go like this

Filter floss
Purigen
Phosguard or chemi pure elite.

Read my post on how to do the fuge with an airline to help with macro growth. Probably easier to run the air line tubing while it is dry as opposed to full of water like mine. The live rock would be a good deal if it is still cured live rock. Which means still in a tank with a heater and moving water. As far as send bed its your choice. I have 35-40 pounds in mine with a nice deep bed. Just remember to put the rock in then add sand around it.

Did you take out filter pad in chamber 3 where pump is?

If your running the inTank fuge or making your own in chamber 2 it is recommended that you use something, doesn't have to be the stock sponge. It can be filter floss, poly floss etc...

The sponge will keep debris from entering the display tank. BUT.... Here's my thought, if your running pods in there etc maybe you don't wanna run the sponge. It's kind of a see what works thing.

I do not run anything in its place. My display tank is crystal clear however I don't run a fuge at the moment.

If your running a fuge pieces of macro algae can enter the DT but so will your pods which you want.

Like I said, see what works for you. Some use it and like it and have no issues. I found myself cleaning the sponge often and IMO it's a breeding ground for NitrAtes. It has to be cleaned often and for me was a pain. I just removed it and haven't had any issues.

any idea on the light issue? Looked this morning bulb was showing no colour...switched it on very faint blue tinge in middle of bulb...but faint not anywhere near bright.

Plus MP-10 is rather noisy...what is it supposed to sound like? Should you be able to hear it?

Hondanation09 said:
any idea on the light issue? Looked this morning bulb was showing no colour...switched it on very faint blue tinge in middle of bulb...but faint not anywhere near bright.

Hmmm.... Did you touch the bulb with your bare hands at all? Call the company, it's a new tank right? Shouldn't be any issues with it. It does sometimes take a little to fire up.

EDIT:

The mp10 shouldn't be noisy BUT you may hear a faint how can I explain it....

Like a buzz sound? Very faint though. If its making more noise then that. Try and re seat the wet side and the dry side. Are you using that pad? I use it and feel it helps. Also when you have the wet side in hold the dry side and just move it slightly around until it stops making noise. You'll hear what I mean. I've done it and it's fine. If all else fails call the tech dept.

Last edited:
Hmmm.... Did you touch the bulb with your bare hands at all? Call the company, it's a new tank right? Shouldn't be any issues with it. It does sometimes take a little to fire up.

EDIT:

The mp10 shouldn't be noisy BUT you may hear a faint how can I explain it....

Like a buzz sound? Very faint though. If its making more noise then that. Try and re seat the wet side and the dry side. Are you using that pad? I use it and feel it helps. Also when you have the wet side in hold the dry side and just move it slightly around until it stops making noise. You'll hear what I mean. I've done it and it's fine. If all else fails call the tech dept.

been 35 minutes light is just glowing blue still...kind of frustrating anyone heard of this problem? I guess it would not be bulb but fixture itself?

Like dim? It's not giving off the proper lighting? Have you tried to unscrew the bulb and then put it back? Did it get knock around at all? It's brand new right?

I will try but ya middle Of bulb is glowIng blue But nothing else I will try reseating it

Capncavey said:
Engine where is your mug shot? Still running sponge and charcoal standard setup. Took bio rings out.

Sorry I will get it up I have been working a lot and haven't had time to take it out for pics. I'm on a 34 hour shift but will make sure to do it when I get off. I use a piece a filter floss were the charcoal was but soon to have chemi pure there. In the media basket will have

Filter floss
Purigen
Phosguard

Fuge is two pieces of live rock rubble and chaeto.

Sorry for the delay

Hondanation09 said:
Did you take out filter pad in chamber 3 where pump is?

Yes I did. I put some filter floss in its place and change twice a week. If there are pods on it when I change it I will let it float for a little bit in the top of chamber three and try to get most of them off.

Like dim? It's not giving off the proper lighting? Have you tried to unscrew the bulb and then put it back? Did it get knock around at all? It's brand new right?

Light workIng...had to take out bulb, flip it and it worked. But mp-10 is dead and they need tO ship replacement. Frustrating start

Back
Top Bottom