The Dude Finally got a tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Dude

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I've always wanted to keep fish, but life had too many obstacles for The Dude. Until a recent improve purchase a day after quitting smoking. Now The Dude has a 10 gallon and just brought home a betta to be the show piece in my happy little community tank. Sooo happy!! Cheers Fish friends. Glad to be here?

Awesome on the nonsmoking! ?? stay strong and think of all the goodies you'll be able to get, For yourself and fish. I'm very proud of you! Good job! Keep it up!

Welcome to the community and congrats for the smart decision to stop smoking.

A wonderful thing to have a tank that size for the Betta.

What kind of community fish are you thinking of adding?

Betta fish do not always appreciate tankmates. As younger fish they will sometimes tolerate the companions and often I have seen after months of seeming bliss, maturity kicks in or something the fish goes crazy on the tank mates aka killing spree. Just a heads up not to stock expensive fish with him.

A ten gallon isn't too big for very many additional fish.

Have you seen any kinds of the nano fish, suited to smaller tanks?

Hi ✌, I added the beta to a school of 5 Corydoras, 5 Glowlight tetra, and 3 amano shrimp, oh and 4 trumpet snails.
I know Its a big load, betta must of thought so, he ate an amano shrimp on day 2. He seems to have joined the cory cats gang smashing up with them in the corners and generally behaving like a puppy, with them. Awesome fish.

The Dude is honoured, from the warm welcome. Disappointed to say a chain smoking aquarium gazer Would love to post pics of tank. The Dude can't figure this stuff out, puff...puff .. Puff.

bettas make friends. then they kill them.

i wouldn't count on even snails making it w/ a betta; he's gonna kill the corys and harass/chase/stress/bite/ everything else. my guy kills snails; i put corys in one day and had to take the BETTA out after 12 mins, he was attacking/hunting/biting them. PTSD for corys! took 'em back to my LFS and traded for live plants.

bettas are best alone, w/ "toys" and you and clean water. warm, plants, interact w/ him, they love to play.

Attachments

• Charles1600pix.jpg
    Charles1600pix.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
The Dude was completely STUNNED this mornin when the shrimp I was completely certain was dead, came struttin through the tank. I'm wondering what the hell it was that I pulled outta my tank if not shrimp remains??!! A relief for sure no murder in the tank yet! This Betta is too cool The Dude would be stunned again if he hurt a cory or a snail, he is soo playful with the corys. I would always recommend putting a territorial fish in the tank last. To lessen the feeling of invasion.

LOL more than once I have thought there was a dead shrimp.

This is a fun pic looks just like a Ghost shrimp right? But it was a molt stuck on the rock (in SW)!
60074-albums14227-picture71533.jpg

Back
Top Bottom