The GF's ADA 60-F - Shallow Rimless Build - Ohko Mountains

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's cool I my wife wants a glofish tank so since I found out there not dye dipped or tatted I think imma go buy a 10 gallon rimless for her to set up soon ill just get the tank filter and lights for her and let her do the rest. Mabey setting up one she actually wants might spark her intrest a little more.

You should probably get the Mr. Aqua 12 gallon long for them. Glofish, the zebra danio type, like a lot a horizontal swimming room since they're active swimmers.

Cool thanks for the tip. Now can I put a few of different kinds in there like can I mix tetras and danios I'm not sure what other kind of glofish there are.

Update...

1 Month Mark of DSM growth!

It doesn't look like much but you can really see the difference from 'day 1' (top) to the '1 month' mark (bottom). The HC has gotten bigger and the staurogyne repens have more leaves and size! Will probably flood this bad boy in another month! Got some downoi from Rivercats and will be needing to get some blyxa japonica for the back. Now doesn't that UP Aqua shrimp sand look neat!?! :brows: So far so good!

iore2RRGosnco.JPG

I have a ton of blyxa you can have, they're producing side shoots like crazy... If I can eradicate the BBA, that is... :)

Otherwise, lookin good my friend!

Update - DIY Conduit Light Suspension Project Complete!

Alright guys I haven't updated this thread with our latest milestone achievement here. I did a little research and figured out how to get some EMT Conduit Pipe bent, drill some holes, and ALSO with the help of Bill's Finnex Ray 2 hangers, I was able to suspend the light over the tank. I'm actually amazed that it came out somewhat decent -- especially coming from a non-DIY type of guy.

Here's the resource "HOW TO" thread that helped me in figuring out what to do:
How To: Build an ADA inspired lighting stand - Carolina Fish Talk

Nice job, Brian! You should consider making some more and selling them to your friendly AA peers. ;)

I have a ton of blyxa you can have, they're producing side shoots like crazy... If I can eradicate the BBA, that is... :)

Otherwise, lookin good my friend!

Thank you... I'm going to have to take you up on that!

Nice job, Brian! You should consider making some more and selling them to your friendly AA peers. ;)

Thanks... I'm not the DIY type. Its very less than perfect but luckily I'm not very OCD. Bill here is great at this kind of stuff! LOL

Definitely looking good!

Thanks Janis :)

Update - Flooded!!!

So just under 2 months from DSM we decided to flood the tank! We also took Bill's critique of how odd the Do!Aqua pipes look on such a shallow tank and decided to go with the Cal Aqua pipes (I'll save the Do!Aqua for a later project...don't you worry! ;) )

Anyway.... my GF laid out some paper towel to protect the substrate from being disturbed. We also used a floating breeder box to help disperse the water in gently (this breeder box has come in handy in so many ways).

Alright...w/out further adieu... PICS! :)

Here she is putting in work! She's all pro now... i'm proud of her! haha

idsNJ4XCDU7gb.jpg

Major oil slick or protein-dirt layer... lily pipes do wonders to clear that up!
ibxzZQ1xIbNWQ.jpg

i7zNYjtupzTu2.jpg

i37tuvP2pVVyd.jpg

ibvpj4KRxS1UUT.jpg

ifOuKBgBJek07.jpg

i8YZ0bOWbub4u.jpg

She wants to plant some blyxa japonica in the back and maybe some HM. More to come... stay tuned! :)

Problem: last night when the tank cleared up, there was no sign of anything wrong.. Today, however, there looks like some BGA growing already! Wow... that is fast! Where did it come from? Now we need to address that soon :-/

:thanks:

Last edited:
That looks amazing, she's quite the expect aquascaper! That is one truly show quality tank there.

Thanks guys! I'll be sure to tell her. I just helped set it up... she scaped it. I really like it too... it's simple and clean -- unlike my scapes that have a little too much going on! haha

@Bill -- I'd love to get some of that blyxa from you bro... i just don't think it would ship well in this horrid arizona heat! Can't wait to move back to Cali! LOL

Thanks guys! I'll be sure to tell her. I just helped set it up... she scaped it. I really like it too... it's simple and clean -- unlike my scapes that have a little too much going on! haha

@Bill -- I'd love to get some of that blyxa from you bro... i just don't think it would ship well in this horrid arizona heat! Can't wait to move back to Cali! LOL

You think yours is a mess you should see what mines looking like lol. I don't know what kind of style it is mabey dutch/jungle meets crazymike lol.

^^ haha... I sometimes get a case of collectoritis -- this becomes especially problematic for me since most of my tanks are nanos. But I'm starting to like the less is more thing and I find myself moving toward that. Who knows! LOL

BTW crazymike... I like your avatar. My GF and I are both PADI open water certified. It's been too long since we went diving last though! Last time was in the Philippines... it was really awesome!

^^ haha... I sometimes get a case of collectoritis -- this becomes especially problematic for me since most of my tanks are nanos. But I'm starting to like the less is more thing and I find myself moving toward that. Who knows! LOL

BTW crazymike... I like your avatar. My GF and I are both PADI open water certified. It's been too long since we went diving last though! Last time was in the Philippines... it was really awesome!

Haha nice its a lot of fun that was me descending off the coast of Florida it was taken at about 60' on my way down to 92' my commercial diver buddy always braggedabout how fast he can go down so I decided to go faster lol and yes that's a 12" mowhawk lol its such a different world down there.

Man that's super cool! We've been too chicken to take the advanced course and dive beyond 40'. LOL

Maybe in less than 2 years hopefully! I miss the cooler temps and the ocean breeze! **sigh**

Back
Top Bottom