The hardest part is patience

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Red Beard

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone! I'm the new guy, I have been reading so many of the threads on here for help/inspiration on my new tank, so I had to join. First off Thank You! This is my first tank, and I can use all the help I can get. I am setting up a 55g FOWLR, probably going to reef in the future. I have a 20g sump that I am currently plumbing up. I can't wait to start the cycle!

I have quickly learned that the setup can be expensive! So I am taking it slowly, trying to avoid mistakes, plus it seems slow is better.

I will try to post some pics when I get home to snap some, but nothing special yet....might be able to use some advice on the plumbing, but I think it's good (I'll update later). What's the best way to rinse argonite sand, my LFS guy recommended a pillowcase.....

Thanks for having me!!

Welcome to the site :wave: Patience is one of the most important parts of starting a tank. If you take it too fast, things seem to be more likely to go wrong. Good luck with your tank :D can't wait to see another build thread lol :)

Welcome to AA. I just put mine in a bucket and swirled it around and dumped out the water. You wont get it all no matter what you do.

Welcome to AA! Yes, slow is better. as a lot of people say, nothing good in an aquarium happens fast. and a pillowcase is fine, just make sure it's never been washed in detergents. for the PFS (pool filter sand) in my FW tank, we just put it in a 5 gallon bucket, stuck it under the faucet and let the water run over the top as we stuck our arms in and swirled the sand around. we took turns doing this until the water ran clear. good luck! can't wait to see pics :D

Back
Top Bottom