The hurricane called Pepper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well for those of you that think birds are so cute....Meet hurricane Pepper who has gone on another eating binge! The aftermath, :D.

dscf4842.jpg

Oh wait, not done yet! :silly:

dscf4843.jpg

hahahahahahahahaha

Sorry Anne I'm not really laughing at you... But you have to admit, that is funny. I have the issue with Alexis, the cat in my Avatar. You can't turn your back for a second!

He no sooner got done eating and I had cleaned up and he wanted to eat again. He is such a stinker. I have 5 cats and cleaning up after Pepper is 10 times the amount of cleaning! But I love him to pieces and wouldn't change a thing!

All 5 cats live in terror of Pepper. To date we have not met a cat, house or farm cat that doesn't run from the Parrot that threatens them. he says" here kitty I'm gonna bite you" then barks at them. :)

I have him on video killing the vaccum cleaner and teasing the cats. He has a fetish with the vaccum cleaner. He beats it up. :ROFLMAO:

Once I had to hand rear a little budgie that became a very bold naughty boy later on in life. He loved being with people and always put up a heck of a performance when we wanted to put him back into his cage.

He had some strange love affair with some odd objects too. He liked spoons (don't ask me why). A small fluffy toy that became his life partner. No one was allowed to touch this thing without incurring his wrath. I didn't mind so much until he developed a habit of getting a wee bit too frisky with it when company was over...

He used to mimic the telephone too... The number of times he made me get up for no reason was amazing.

He is no longer with us, but I did keep the girlfriend as a reminder.

LOL kept the girlfriend as a reminder. LOL.

Pepper have 6 different cell phone rings. He gets people scrambling. You see he goes everywhere with us. He goes to work everyday with me.

He's a riot at work. He says hello to everyone. So often they think it is one of us then they realize it is Pepper.

Pepper sounds like a hoot! lol, I wanted to get an African Grey a few years ago (I assume thats what he is?). Parents said yes until they saw the price tag :( *sigh*. And now the boyfriend doesn't like birds at all... doesn't like fish either :\ . . . I told him he's a party pooper.

I did have a pair parakeets for a number of years and they were great fun, not as much work as Pepper; however, they were known to help themselves to what was on our plates if they were out of the cage at dinner time.

Wow what a life!

Is there any way to scold or punish a parrot?

My experience with birds is limited to a parakeet my mom got us. We named him Looey Louganis b/c after one of his wing clippings, he fluttered around the house and dive bombed right into the toilet.

LOL! That's funny, now you need to dog to clean up after Pepper!

That is alot of food!! And Pepper is a messy eater (although he is obviously very careful not to get any on his well kept plumage). Do you set out meals for Pepper at regular intervals, or leave out the day's rations for him to eat at his leisure? Does he have any favorite foods or foods that he simply won't touch?

Scolding a parrot is like scolding a child. You say NO firmly and that is about it. They have a great memory so yelling or anything stays with them and they get stressed. For the most part he doesn't need scolding except when he chases feet or the cats.

Yes he is an african grey parrot. We were lucky, we didn't pay for him, we adopted him.

Had a good laugh thinking of the poor bird flying into the toilet, hope it was flushed before. Bet he was leery of the bathroom after that.

Pepper has some food out all day that he eats at his leisure, he also likes to eat full meals in the morning, at lunch time, at dinner time, at 8:30 and again at 10:30 and on the weekends at midnight! They are small but they eat alot! He won't eat some foods. When we got him he had a terrible diet, greasy fried foods, no veggies or pellets and only seeds. It took quite a while to teach him to learn to eat healthy. Although it seems strange his favorite food is BBQ chicken! LOL.

Pepper chases dogs too. I think he thinks he is an eagle.

Back
Top Bottom