The Ideal 10 Gallon Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

12ozPapa

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone,

I've recently found myself in ownership of a Male Betta, 5 Glowlight Tetras and 4 Ghost Shrimp.

For now, they are stuck in a 5 Gallon Fluval Chi (with a top). This is not adequate so I must upgrade and only a 10 gallon is feasbile.

I have had lots of experience with aquariums but still wanted to get any new fresh ideas or anything like that, plus, I never had a 10 gallon, only 20/29/32.

I'm going to go with a black sand substrate, planted. I want to get the best filter, lighting, etc for a 10 gallon I can.

So please, enlighten me with your "ideal 10 gallon" set up!

Maybe a tetra whisper 20? I think a 10 might not be adequate, and a 30 would be too much power for a betta. IDK about lighting. Will it be planted?

I think you should move the glow fish and shrimp to a 10g and let the betta have full ran of the fluval chi!! I have never owned glow fish so I can't tell you if they would be ok im the 10g so maybe you should wait for some other replies!!

this is how I would decorate a 10g

black sand
plants
smooth river rocks
a nice piece of driftwood (if you live near a ocean or lake you could go out and look for your own pieces of driftwood. it's very fun and if you have kids then you could make a day out of it)
maybe some terra cotta pots as caves

the glowlights should have a 20 gallon, but will be OK in a 10.

Anyways,
for my ideal tank, I'd buy in parts rather than a kit.
the tank, obviously
A 20 gallon HOB filter, aquaclear if they make one that size
Finnex Ray2 18" lights, or a t5HO dual tube light
Black diamond blasting sand
organic potting mix (for under the sand, acts as fertilizer for the plants you're planning to add)
branched manzanita DW and stone, something smooth, betta fins are fragile (for a scape)
a co2 system (or liquid carbon)
making the tank heavily planted so the fish all have places to hide, and make water quality easier to maintain

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom