The Love it or Hate it Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, those tetras are good ideas. I havea while now to let the cycle stabilize with the present occupants, so I can look around.

The zebra danios I put in have become almost iridescent. Brilliant striping and some color. So much prettier than at the fish shop.

Cardinal Tetras were my pick for one small school, but they seem to be difficult to find in my area, and when you do, they are 5+ bucks each and don't look healthy.

I'll see what we have for lemon tetras or if my local shop can get some in. I was also considering cherry barbs instead of the cardinals. I know two places that carry red phantoms.

Get your fish on to New Life Spectrum community flakes with garlic, you will notice a marked improvement in a matter of 2 weeks - far better for health over all, brilliant for colour, and better for your water. They are expensive but well worth it in the long run. My dads Danios never looked as good until he feed them the NLS even when on Tetra Pro Colour, the dark blue that comes out on the Zebra's is stunning!

I use a large variety of foods from brine shrimp, tubifex, bloodworms to spirulina and regular flakes. Mostly Omega One brand foods and they do very well.

Thank you though.

I'll be looking at those tetras for sure.

Everything is doing great in the tank. Thriving, colorful and active. Every friend that has seen it really likes it.

The last decor item arrived this week. I much prefer it to the original anemone. It's soaking now to get rid of the release agent stink in packaging and will be added.

Added some more occupants this weekend as well.

Cardinals are out. They cannot be found at reasonable prices here. I've been looking. they have been replaced with an adorable mini school of five baby cherry barbs that were on sale for a buck apiece. No pics of them yet, but will try to get some soon.

Have decided since I'm going to have Amanos and Cherry Shrimp and some MTS that a bottom feeder school of kuhli's would be redundant. I'm thinking of some other small fish to add instead.

I have also added four Amano Shrimp.

Here's a few grooming the "live rock".

img_2102788_0_2294e974d72c97be4b386970942a292f.jpg

Frome what I heard kuhlis don't eat snails OR shrimp

Correct. But having kuhli's as the bottom cleanup crew is redundant with a crop full of amanos, cherry shrimp and snails doing the same job.

Pic of the new deco!

Still soaking it. It reeks of whatever mold they had it in. Really stinky.

Here's a shot of another shrimp, coming out of the coral rock to have a bite on an algae wafer.

64542-albums10221-picture42408.jpg

Heck yeah, thanks for all the interest. Here's a bunch of pics of the final tank and of the new much smaller and in my opinion attractive anemone.

img_2110796_0_7c7c1def8690caf3df4a683ca148d31f.jpg

img_2110796_1_8d5e582d540173ea19e53f4baa481878.jpg

img_2110796_2_de3639c07078f72c62031b94dce588ee.jpg

img_2110796_3_4bbed749e3bea72e9deffcb46b06220d.jpg

If you can forgive the low resolution, I have this video of all my little friends swimming about.

This is video taken with the same old Canon ELPH that the pics are taken with.

Click the picture and it should play on photobucket.

You'll see the zebra danios darting about at lightning speed,the black skirts wandering around and near the anchor you may be able to see one of the female cherry barbs picking at the substrate. There are also two of the shrimp in this, they are on the mid right by the top hole, but at this resolution I doubt you'd see them.

The smaller one is better! Celestial Pearl Danios... would look good and kinda oceanic! Too bad you don't have room for a knife fish.

Looks good. :)

All the inhabitants looks happy and healthy! And the new anemone fits right in too.

Not including stuff I had and swapped in and out getting the look right, about $115 on decor.

Most of it on the two large Petsmart coral pieces.

I didn't count the substrate since every tank would have it regardless of what I did with it.

Back
Top Bottom