The most fun I've had with my fish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bosk1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Tonight has been the best night after getting my tank set up. First I had the cycling issues. Then the loss of one of my roseline sharks before I even got them in the tank. Then the ich outbreak. And shy fish all the way through. And finally, my missing pleco, who I can't find anywhere...

After losing 2 of my 3 clown loaches, the ich seems to be treating well. My remaining loach still has quite a few spots, but only on his tail. And everybody else (except maybe the pleco. Where is he?) look clean.

So yesterday, I introduced frozen brine shrimp for the first time. The fish went absolutely NUTS for it! It really drew them out. The gouramis were practically (literally) eating it out of my hand. So I put a bit more in tonight, and the two gouramis and the shark were just going crazy for it. The loach was a bit late coming out and didn't get any, and it didn't look like any had a chance of falling to the bottom, so I dropped in a couple of wafers. Out comes the loach, sniffing around. Soon, he found the wafer, and was just totally going to town on it. Then the gouramis and the shark decided to all join in, and were taking turns. The loach finally got a little fed up with the crowding, and began to chase at the others, which I have never seen him do. It was the funniest thing! Anyway, people have been askign for pics of my tank, and with most the fish out, it seemed like a good time to snap a few. For your viewing pleasure:

Loach going at it, and shark coming to get some
img_557835_0_2b152c519cb916f89137dbaad44625cb.jpg

Here's everybody (except the missing pleco)
img_557835_1_d5b1264c965287210c994d883d3d2efc.jpg

Blue and gold gouramis
img_557835_2_b9c470cb32c432408366258a493eac66.jpg

The loach found the other one, but here comes the pig!
img_557835_3_88c1b73ac7a89b00cd308354cff6026e.jpg

Everyone coming out to take a bow
img_557835_4_6ac8068cf6ef65ec8f6409a36c147983.jpg

Scrum!
img_557835_5_352863cdebf59c952f2bfea1cfee92c0.jpg

sounds fun i love to watch my fish eat and sorry to hear about all your trouble but hopefully some good will come out of it all and maybe ull find your pleco

Great pics! Thanks. I'm glad you had some good and fun come out of your tank finally. Makes all that bad stuff seem more bearable doesn't it? I've been there recently, and am truly happy for you.

Glad things are getting better. Nice pics!
Yeah, gouramis will search everywhere for food and keep eating until the food is gone. :)

awesome pics! i especially like the "bowing" one! :) sorry you lost so many fish though--that sucks. i just had a denisonii barb not make it out of the bag too--but my lfs replaced him. did you ask about that? cuz they can be expensive! you have some nice looking fish!

crazycat said:
i just had a denisonii barb not make it out of the bag too--but my lfs replaced him. did you ask about that? cuz they can be expensive!

They gave me store credit. The two that I bought were the last ones. I'm waiting for them to get some more. I would like to add another 2-3 once they get them in.

puntius denisonii--commonly known as denison barb, redline shark, roseline shark, torpedo barb.

BEAUTIFUL fish!

inohuiam2 said:
Wow, what great photos. The flash on the camera makes a big difference when photographing moving objects. Did you use a tripod? BTW, I think the fishie you are referring to as a shark is not a shark. I may be wrong, but i think it's a Barbus denisonii (red line torpedo barb). http://www.fishbase.org/Photos/ThumbnailsSummary.php?ID=24148

No tripod. That's just me holding my digital camera, and shooting away.

As far as the fish, they are known around these parts (and some sites I have checked) as roseline sharks. Latin name is actually puntius denisonii. But you are correct in that they are actually no more a true "shark" than any other freshwater fish that we refer to as sharks.

Back
Top Bottom