The new guys set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you want I can help you pick out your male. I'll have to send you number and you can send me picks from te store.

That's sounds like a plan man. Ill let you know in advance. I have this other fish I have no clue if its a male or female.
It's a lil fish. And the female JD chases it around

Attachments

• image-3707578666.jpg
    image-3707578666.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 70
Tough to say on that one. Sorta looks like a grammodes but I'm gonna say a jack Dempsey. How big is it?

I would not put them with any Africans.

My big guy. He's a blue genotype.

Beautiful fish man. How long you had him?, I have mines in there with a blood dragon cichlid this orange guy and another JD. Which I have no clue what it is?

Attachments

• image-3495286187.jpg
    image-3495286187.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 50
  • image-2290919268.jpg
    image-2290919268.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 54
Beautiful fish man. How long you had him?, I have mines in there with a blood dragon cichlid this orange guy and another JD. Which I have no clue what it is?

I've had my jack Dempsey pair for about 2yrs. They didn't really start to color up like that until they reached about the 4-5" mark. They have spawned several times but can't seem to get the parenting thing down yet. I've thought about sucking out the fry once they are wrigglers but I figured I'd just let them get the hang of it on their own. Plus.....I got enough on my hands with the fish I already have so caring for fry is the least if my worries now.

I've had my jack Dempsey pair for about 2yrs. They didn't really start to color up like that until they reached about the 4-5" mark. They have spawned several times but can't seem to get the parenting thing down yet. I've thought about sucking out the fry once they are wrigglers but I figured I'd just let them get the hang of it on their own. Plus.....I got enough on my hands with the fish I already have so caring for fry is the least if my worries now.

Lol I agree about dealing with the fry. I think it's best to just let nature take its course.

Back
Top Bottom