The New Rena Power Filters!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've actually seen these in store and I opened up the box. It's pretty neat. They sell their carbon filters that are built into a cube without a top or bottom and it slides over the holders. There's no reason you can't put filter floss in this and wrap it around the holders and fill the middle portion with ceramic rings or stars. Then your filter media would be a cheap purchase. If it really controls the flow and forces it through each section, it's like a small canister filter that hangs on the back.

Hmmm...I've been wanting to upgrade to a canister but this looks really good to me. Perhaps I will go with this instead.

I was at Petsmart the other day to get a pump, test kit, and tap water treatment, and there was a mini tank with a Rena Power filter on it. It was the smallest version, and it seemed quite quiet.

tropicalfish said:
I was at Petsmart the other day to get a pump, test kit, and tap water treatment, and there was a mini tank with a Rena Power filter on it. It was the smallest version, and it seemed quite quiet.

Hmmm, I'm going to need video proof. Please go to the store with a camera that takes video and do some dialog with another person, and then hold the camera up to the filter please. Then I would like to hear a dog bark in the background too.

If only people listened to my crazy demands... :D

LOL... i looked into these as well, only because i was looking for a smaller HOB that had room for alternate media. i thought the price was a little crazy, for what the filter actually was... probably be tempted to go with an aqua clear for the price difference and size of open area for media. however, if anyone wants to review them after they try them out... I'd love to hear about your experiences! :)

yea. they do look pretty cool, but at the smae time very pricey! however, i think the cost may be offset by the long term durability of the filter, considering the reputation of the company. dunno- my buddy needs a filter for his tank right now and this one is under consideration. see what happens...

EDIT: i looked back on the aformentioned petsmart page and there is already a review from someone. i read it- although its rambling, he seems to give it a straight review.

Back
Top Bottom