the night of the cory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daveho

Aquarium Advice Freak
two days ago i decided i had to sell by krib pair due to there excessive breeding.... so while collecting the 200-250 odd 1" kribs from my 55g i basicly pulled the whole tank down ad did a 70% water change (to make the kribs easyer to catch) any way 24 hours pass and last night at 7 i notice my pygmys spawning for the first time, not looking to rais any more corys i let the eggs be then half an hour later my pandas are all over it this is there first spawn too. an hour later i was just sitting and enjoying watching my new L333 plecos :brows: and along comes my trilineatus and plasters more eggs on the glass. 3 cory spawns in 2 hours....
looks like removing the cichlids agrees with em.

Perfect example of how breeding fish can overtake your hobby and fish room or house. Hope you have a lot of tanks :D

Congrats on all the spawns. It's the water change that sparked them all. (y)

Agreed, congrats!

My corys spawn on the python tube when I'm doing a water change, now if I could just get them trained to do it on some plants ;)

Haha your not wrong andy i sold my kribs cause i cand add more tanks atm and i have raised a few hundred cory fry i just havent seen that many spawns one after the other

Haha your not wrong andy i sold my kribs cause i cand add more tanks atm and i have raised a few hundred cory fry i just havent seen that many spawns one after the other

I believe you created a piscatorial OR*Y ;):lol: (Keeping it clean for the kiddies :brows:)

It just shows that when the time and conditions are right, all heck can break lose. (y)

Haha thats it. Im gonna be trying to raise the pygmy fry as they seem like it would be a a challenge

Back
Top Bottom