The Sixty Gallon Build :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
George9 said:
Okay let me know what you figure out tomorrow.

I have some bad news too and I'm pretty pissed. I think my gbr has some kind of fungus. I think it's from the aggression episode he had two days ago. It made him more suceptible (sp lol) to fungus. I wanna do a salt bath tomorrow, but not sure how. Any ideas on what to do?

Oh no! Isn't Melafix used for fungal issues? The salt bath i did on my guys for Ich i used a 5g tank and a double dose of what was directed on the box of freshwater salt. I put each guy in and left themforabout 5 min or until i saw signs of stress and it worked well. I don't think i did it correctly though.

skywhitney said:
Oh no! Isn't Melafix used for fungal issues? The salt bath i did on my guys for Ich i used a 5g tank and a double dose of what was directed on the box of freshwater salt. I put each guy in and left themforabout 5 min or until i saw signs of stress and it worked well. I don't think i did it correctly though.

Pimafix is for fungus. Of course, I only have melafix. Lol. I'll do the bath tomorrow. Abd how did you put the fish back in the tank? No acclimation?

George9 said:
Pimafix is for fungus. Of course, I only have melafix. Lol. I'll do the bath tomorrow. Abd how did you put the fish back in the tank? No acclimation?

I put them straight into a sterile QT cause i popped all their cysts with the salt bath so they had tons of open sores that i didn't want to get infected. But from bath to QT was no acclimation.

skywhitney said:
I put them straight into a sterile QT cause i popped all their cysts with the salt bath so they had tons of open sores that i didn't want to get infected. But from bath to QT was no acclimation.

Should I put him right back to main tank since fungus is not contagious?

George9 said:
Should I put him right back to main tank since fungus is not contagious?
Personally, i'd put him QT to finish healing that way he's not considered an easy target

skywhitney said:
Personally, i'd put him QT to finish healing that way he's not considered an easy target

Agh I gotta get a new filter then. I think for now, I'll put him back to the main tank and see how it goes. If it gets worse, I'll put him in qt. I hope it works.

I think he is the bully, not the target lol. An angel probably got a little too close.

George9 said:
Agh I gotta get a new filter then. I think for now, I'll put him back to the main tank and see how it goes. If it gets worse, I'll put him in qt. I hope it works.

I think he is the bully, not the target lol. An angel probably got a little too close.

Its definitely worth a shot putting him back into the tank :) i'm sure it'll work out great!

skywhitney said:
Its definitely worth a shot putting him back into the tank :) i'm sure it'll work out great!

Yeah. It's no where near severe yet. Just glanced in before I went to bed and saw a small fuzz patch. It should go away fast hopefully.

George9 said:
Yeah. It's no where near severe yet. Just glanced in before I went to bed and saw a small fuzz patch. It should go away fast hopefully.

If you can treat it now i'm sure he'll recover fast. How's the angel with missing scales doing?

skywhitney said:
If you can treat it now i'm sure he'll recover fast. How's the angel with missing scales doing?

Oh he/she is fine. Eating, acting normal, swimming around. I hope the scales will come back with some clean water :)

I just finished the bath. I left him for 30 minutes because he was showing no signs of stress lol. I dont know If I put enough salt. I had a gallon of tank water and did probably 3-3.5 teaspoons which is 3 times the recommended dose. He is swimming around normal now. It looks a bit better, the white spot on his head is still there, and the one by his mouth, but they are no longer fuzzy. So that must be a good thing. If it gets worse, I will Grab him and dab the area with hydrogen peroxide, as recommended by another member.

I think I'll try the peroxide thing tonight, then lay off it for a few days to see what happens.

I think missing a pwc last week could have contributed. I know he'll be fine though.I will never do that again :/

This is nothing compared what I dealt with with a dg last year. Fin rot, tail rot, internal parasites, popeye. EVERYTHING! what a fight that was lol

edit-tried it. only got one dab on his head then got too scared and put it back in. he had clamped fins and I was so worried. He looks fine now. the white bump above his mouth is actually turning orange, the color of him! I see a few shiny spots on him after I put him back into the tank. I think its from the net or something. I'll keep watching

Oh man, I'm sorry. Too many posts here. Time to tone it down just a bit :)

Did you figure out how much the diandra weighed?

George9 said:
I think I'll try the peroxide thing tonight, then lay off it for a few days to see what happens.

I think missing a pwc last week could have contributed. I know he'll be fine though.I will never do that again :/

This is nothing compared what I dealt with with a dg last year. Fin rot, tail rot, internal parasites, popeye. EVERYTHING! what a fight that was lol

edit-tried it. only got one dab on his head then got too scared and put it back in. he had clamped fins and I was so worried. He looks fine now. the white bump above his mouth is actually turning orange, the color of him! I see a few shiny spots on him after I put him back into the tank. I think its from the net or something. I'll keep watching

It sounds like the spot over his mouth might be healing :) how's his behavior otherwise?

skywhitney said:
It sounds like the spot over his mouth might be healing :) how's his behavior otherwise?

He's normal. Swimming around. Eating. No different :)

George9 said:
He's normal. Swimming around. Eating. No different :)

Sounds like you don't really have anything to worry about :)

Have you noticed any difference in the rotala since you changed the bulbs out?

skywhitney said:
Sounds like you don't really have anything to worry about :)

Have you noticed any difference in the rotala since you changed the bulbs out?

A little bit, but nothing major yet. I am getting new red growth from the ludwiga now too :)

George9 said:
A little bit, but nothing major yet. I am getting new red growth from the ludwiga now too :)

Awesome man! The bulbs can make a huge difference! :-D

Your little guy will pull through great!

Awesome man! The bulbs can make a huge difference! :-D

Your little guy will pull through great!

Yep, with daily water changes :) he'll be fine.

on another note, once I sell off most of the angels, I'm thinking a peacock eel. They're the coolest things ever, and I thiunk will do fine in my setup. You should look them up. :)

George9 said:
Yep, with daily water changes :) he'll be fine.

on another note, once I sell off most of the angels, I'm thinking a peacock eel. They're the coolest things ever, and I thiunk will do fine in my setup. You should look them up. :)

They LOVE to uproot plants so beware :). Cool fish though

Back
Top Bottom