The Weirdest Thing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
I had just gotten done with drivers ed for the day and was going with my parents to pick up my sister from girl scouts. The place they were at was right next to Pet Land. I wander on over there to see if they had the plants that I wanted for my tank. They ended up having almost everything! I got wisteria (or maybe it's water sprite), banana plants, and hornwort. I got 5 plants all together.

Here come the weird part, I was getting the plants from the person that was working and explaining what I was doing with them, why I was buying them, and about my tanks. He had no clue about fish. Then he offered me a job on the spot!!! I soooooo wanted to take it because the aquariums there aren't the best and they need some one to help them. I might take the job once I get my licence, my parent's rule. And I have to keep up my grades... But in 5ish weeks the job will/might be mine!!!!:dance:

I found it a little odd for the job offer. But apparently the last person knew very very little and now they are in need of one:) Has this happened to anyone before?

That's great!! He must've been inpressed by your knowledge! Was it petlabd actually selling aquatics...or aquarium adventure? Because the petland by me is connected to aquarium adventure.

George9 said:
That's great!! He must've been inpressed by your knowledge! Was it petlabd actually selling aquatics...or aquarium adventure? Because the petland by me is connected to aquarium adventure.

No, it wasn't aquarium adventure (I'd love to work there). It was just Pet Land w/aquatics. Thanks! I'm super excited:D

AquaKai said:
No, it wasn't aquarium adventure (I'd love to work there). It was just Pet Land w/aquatics. Thanks! I'm super excited:D

That's what I thought...I didn't think aquarium adventure employees were that uneducated lol.

I hope you get the Job! The best part is, you won't dread going to work everyday because you get to work with fish! I don't know anyone who could hate fish :)

That's what I thought...I didn't think aquarium adventure employees were that uneducated lol.

I hope you get the Job! The best part is, you won't dread going to work everyday because you get to work with fish! I don't know anyone who could hate fish :)

Yeah those people are very good at what they do. I've seen them educating people all the time. I hope I get it too! I would love working with fish. I love going to the zoo when I volunteer because I just LOVE working with the animals and helping the people there.

That is great news I am happy for you!

Thanks! I'm so happy too!

Congratulations!!!! I am jealous, serious!:hide:

There will be people who just don't care, and people who will give you attitude, don't let them phase you, or your love for this hobby!

I like this "happy to find a job" post .......FOLLOW UP please!

If I get my way, I will! I like the happy to find a job thing as well;)

Congratulations!!!! I am jealous, serious!:hide:

There will be people who just don't care, and people who will give you attitude, don't let them phase you, or your love for this hobby!

Haha, I'd be jealous too if this weren't me! I made myself promise that I wouldn't do/say anything stupid to the customers! I hope that this will enhance my love of the hobby! Plus I may end up with a few more tanks as well, maybe even my dream chi!!! :whistle: Mom would be happy about that.... But thanks for the congrats!

I'll update when I know if I will be taking the job

Back
Top Bottom