"There is a hole in my Angel", He says in a Panice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jchillin said:
Is it a sign of a full puncture, as if something lacerated him?
no it does not look like it goes all the way through, just like an ulcer on both sides :?

Jchillin said:
Try here. Contains some useful info and remedies for this.

I have my fingers crossed.
is Melafix safe to us with my snails and plants? i could move him to the empty 10 as a quarentine, but if it is a bacterial infection then all the fish have been exposed...

hole is still there and now he is getting fat.... :?

one of my otos is abnormaly chubby too... 8O

both fish are acting "normal" swiming about, eating....

thoughts? Dropsy? Eggs?

here are some new pics, none are great cause he would not give me a head on shot, but i think you can see the big tummy..oto is to fast to get a picture of...

He does look bloated. Parasite popped in to my head right away after reading your post. Especially since there is a hole and now he is bloated looking. Is he pooping?

rich311k said:
He does look bloated. Parasite popped in to my head right away after reading your post. Especially since there is a hole and now he is bloated looking. Is he pooping?
i can not say that i have see him poop...:?

Jchillin said:
can frozen bloodworms cause internal parasites?

Not that I know of but I have heard that they can cause bloating, especially in certain fish that have a complicated digestive system. How often do you feed the worms.
well i feed frozen bloodworms to my DP and the extra (cause i always taw to much)go into my 75 in the hope of getting some one to breed :D so they get extra bloodworms or mysis flies 2-3 times per week....

but now i was told that my DP may have come with internal parasites...so i was going to pick up so meds for them....

gel tek was recommended to me, but was warned that it might kill my plants (H2O2 nightmare all over again :cry: ) so a better safer med for both the DP and Angel would be appreciated...plant safe if possilbe...

in the mean time i will stop feeding excess bloodworms to angel tank...

THANKS!

The GelTek Ultra Cure PX is the one you want for IPs
http://www.bigalsonline.com/BigAlsU...1244/cl0/aquariumproductsgeltekultracurepx4oz

I've been using it for 3 WEEKS in my DP tank (hornwort, anubias, wisteria) and it hasn't affected the plants at all. Remember that the fish have to INJEST the meds for it to work. I soak their bloodworms for 3 - 4 hours in it before feeding. You can soak any food in it, or just see if they will eat the drops directly (which in theory is what they are supposed to do - but the DPs won't do that, I can almost guarantee).

On further contemplation, I'm wondering if the use of the GelTek has any relation to the BGA I'm battling ? I'd keep an eye out just in case their is a relationship
(ps: I maintain my nitrates at 20 - 30 ppm so I know its not because NO3 has bottomed out)

Back
Top Bottom