There's this really awesome Betta....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragon14

Aquarium Advice Addict
At our lfs. IT'S HUGE. Either a large male plakat or a large female betta. One of the LFS guys had said it was a wild betta but I/we/he don't/didn't know if it was caught from the wild or what.

He's in a 20g planted tank with a few neons and maybe some shrimp. He had jumped out of his little bowl thingy so they put him in the tank. He's been thriving in there for a few months now and he loves it.

We both REALLY want him. A lot. And I think he'd work in our 20g high community tank. Hopefully we can get him in a week or two. :D No one seems to really notice him over there, which is good for us, teehee.

I think bettas, especially males, are best on their own. I know that petco is having their 1$ per gallon sale. Why not just buy a 5 or 10 gallon and let him have his own tank.
You never really know how they will be with your community until you put them in. It may work, or maybe it won't. Of course you will need heater and filter, but for such a small tank it won't be too expensive.

Well, he's been in this tank with other fish and some shrimp for 4-6 months already, which is why we think he'd do fine. But he'd be super happy in a 10. But we don't actually have space for one.... but we could do a 5 or maybe the 6g bookshelf long kind, if he didn't work out in our 20g tank. But he's currently in a 20g at the store, so, we'd hate to put him in anything less.

We went to Petco the day BEFORE the dollar per gallon sale, because we didn't pay attention to the dates in my email -_- and it's about 45 mins away. They had plenty of 20 longs..... :drool:

How long is the sale going on? They only had a couple of loose tens.... (not as part of a kit).

I see now. Till August 8th. Wonder if they order more tanks or just go with what they have.

Back
Top Bottom