TheresaM's Project Tank thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is the next thing I'm going to try to convince my mom to get...... a 2.5 gallon no filter and just a "few" shrimp :brows:

Nils

I really like having this tank on my desk, it looks so nice with the morning sun.

Algae has settled down to the point where I'm not longer tempted to get in there and clean. A tiny bit of melt left on a couple of leaves but most of that is gone as well...lots of nice green!

There are a lot of RCS! I really don't want to mess with anything unnecessarily so maybe I'll net some the next time I do a water change.

img_3195407_0_c95317d6639419fa759807c98c42ee7e.jpg

The dwarf amber barbs, wow! They're so tiny but always active, although I wouldn't call them schoolers. I've noticed that they'll nibble on algae too.

img_3195407_1_8fb109964f7a166a10fd93c05d26eb2e.jpg

I really like having this tank on my desk, it looks so nice with the morning sun.

Algae has settled down to the point where I'm not longer tempted to get in there and clean. A tiny bit of melt left on a couple of leaves but most of that is gone as well...lots of nice green!

There are a lot of RCS! I really don't want to mess with anything unnecessarily so maybe I'll net some the next time I do a water change.

img_3195960_0_c95317d6639419fa759807c98c42ee7e.jpg

The dwarf amber barbs, wow! They're so tiny but always active, although I wouldn't call them schoolers. I've noticed that they'll nibble on algae too.

img_3195960_1_8fb109964f7a166a10fd93c05d26eb2e.jpg

Looks good Theresa! Another great shot of the Barbus gracilis!! You make me want them so bad lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice ??

Off topic question how do you such in focus shots of such small fish. I can't seem to at all.

Also LOVE that morning sun shot, looks amazing.

29g Community

3g Betta

Off topic question how do you such in focus shots of such small fish. I can't seem to at all.

Also LOVE that morning sun shot, looks amazing.

A decent camera (I have a Nikon 7000), lots & lots of shots, patience!

And thank you, I find it very peaceful :flowers:

Ugh Im a broke college student. Well kinda, so I can't afford a nice cam Only iPhone 6 plus. Maybe someday!

29g Community

3g Betta

Ugh Im a broke college student. Well kinda, so I can't afford a nice cam Only iPhone 6 plus. Maybe someday!

29g Community

3g Betta

I'm an adult with soon-to-be two kids in college. Spouse owns some nice cameras but I'm too dumb to operate them. I do find the iPhone 5s convenient to use for photos and videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm an adult with soon-to-be two kids in college. Spouse owns some nice cameras but I'm too dumb to operate them. I do find the iPhone 5s convenient to use for photos and videos.

I'm jealous of people who can actually get good photos with iPhones!

I sold my D50 a few years ago and that money went towards the D7000...one of those combo birthday/anniversary/Xmas/etc gifts ;)

Nice project tank - love the set-up and the barbs - very cool little fish. For what its worth, this site has some great reading on the Walstead method, some of the threads even have comments by Walstead herself. Not a very active site, but great library.

El Natural - Aquatic Plant Central

Looks good Theresa! Another great shot of the Barbus gracilis!! You make me want them so bad lol.

Thanks! I'm going to try Boraras micros next, tempting my old-age eyesight with these tiny fish :whistle:

Nice project tank - love the set-up and the barbs - very cool little fish. For what its worth, this site has some great reading on the Walstead method, some of the threads even have comments by Walstead herself. Not a very active site, but great library.

El Natural - Aquatic Plant Central

Oh wow, thanks for that link! I bought her book but it's very, very tech-heavy. Found it interesting that her second book is about cooking with slow cookers :huh:

Oh wow, thanks for that link! I bought her book but it's very, very tech-heavy. Found it interesting that her second book is about cooking with slow cookers :huh:

Hmm, I'm not sure which book I would appreciate more....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What an interesting and neat project. Very interesting in following the progress.

What an interesting and neat project. Very interesting in following the progress.

Thanks! Noticing a bit more algae today...I either need to decide on a new location or stop stressing and give it time.

Following ?

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

Was hoping to get some updated pics but we've been having some rainy spring weather here. Gives everyone a chance to work on the algae for me though, which now that I really look at the tank it's heavier on the sides than the front. I ordered the last of msjinkzd's dwarf amber barbs so before they arrived I did a WC and took out some of the dwarf water lettuce as well as a few RCS. Aiming to go two weeks before the next water change.

Was hoping to get some updated pics but we've been having some rainy spring weather here. Gives everyone a chance to work on the algae for me though, which now that I really look at the tank it's heavier on the sides than the front. I ordered the last of msjinkzd's dwarf amber barbs so before they arrived I did a WC and took out some of the dwarf water lettuce as well as a few RCS. Aiming to go two weeks before the next water change.

Ah ha, I should've known it was you that bought all those guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom