TheresaM's Project Tank thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh man. The last couple hours on Aqua bid seems like an eternity

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hope you got them gillie!! About time you've only been waiting forever.

Unfortunately no, my plan was to pay about 10-12 dollars a fish after shipping, but in the last 45 seconds it was a 3 way bidding war and they went for quite a bit more than I wanted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Unfortunately no, my plan was to pay about 10-12 dollars a fish after shipping, but in the last 45 seconds it was a 3 way bidding war and they went for quite a bit more than I wanted.

What no!

If I could ship some to you from here I would.

Theresa, have you seen trochilocharax ornatus? I'm thinking of ordering some for my 3 gallon. This thread has really made me want to knock the dust off of it.

There's still a group of 6 with 10 hours left, I think it's sniper time:cool:

I really hope you get them, living vicariously through you!

Theresa, have you seen trochilocharax ornatus? I'm thinking of ordering some for my 3 gallon. This thread has really made me want to knock the dust off of it.

You are such a trouble maker! Never heard of them before but wow, what great color. Would definitely work in a 3g :whistle:

edit: just noticed Batfish Aquatics carries them....

There's still a group of 6 with 10 hours left, I think it's sniper time:cool:

Go for it! I really hope you get them, so I can keep them through you. Seeing as I doubt I'll have the funds for them and another tank anytime soon, hoping to get my killi setup to work.

I know I'm a bit late to the party but just wanted to tell you to persevere with the walstad book. It's not that bad once you start to read it carefully. Also there is a big section on setting up the tank and algae control.

I'm going to start a tank like this soon. The organic approach really appeals to me.

Lovely tank btw :)

And also Walstad does explain that the first 6 weeks in a dirtied tank can be very up and down due to the breakdown of organics and the accumulation of anaerobic gas pockets that need to be poked until the plants are stable enough to oxygenate the substrate. There's tons of really interesting, fascinating aspects in that book that really help to understand what is actually going on in the tank.

You've convinced me to redo my five gallon. Going to dirt it, sand cap. Not sure what look I want though. I'm wanting to reuse most plants I have on me. A mix of crypts, limno, Amazon sword, lindernia, subwassertang so I guess it'll be more a jungle look.

Will create a thread on it soon. :)

You've convinced me to redo my five gallon. Going to dirt it, sand cap. Not sure what look I want though. I'm wanting to reuse most plants I have on me. A mix of crypts, limno, Amazon sword, lindernia, subwassertang so I guess it'll be more a jungle look.

Will create a thread on it soon. :)

That's great! Btw there is a section where walstad explains why sand and gravel are poor substrate choices but sand in particular. If you can, I would cap with gravel. It's to do with cation exchange between the plants roots and the substrate and also why bacteria don't favour sand colonisation. Seriously, if you do start it up again, go through the book. I'm near the end at the moment and once I have read it in going to turn back to page one and start it all over again.

Back
Top Bottom