TheresaM's tank thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is the 16 gallon the one with the kuhli loaches? They would probably LOVE the scuds if they're small enough for them to eat (I can't tell from the pictures)

I have kuhlis in both the Endlers tank and the 16g. I'm sure they'd appreciate them but when I dropped some in last night the forktails beat all the other fish! Maybe I'll trying feeding a few after lights out.

So yeah, last night I got the brilliant idea to start the de-scud project, maybe because the tank is eye level and these things have been driving me crazy :blink:

Took out about half the najas and did a peroxide soak. Cleaned the breeding trap, put that in the Endlers tank with the najas. Removed the cholla that I want to keep and started boiled those pieces. Pulled the dwarf sag and just dropped that in a 2.5g that's just sitting on the kitched island :hide: Mineral balls, alder cones, etc came out then I started netting shrimp. Surprisingly easy, especially considering the fact that I have horrible fish-netting skills.

At this point there's still some floating najas, tons of scuds and MTS, and most likely baby shrimp. Will probably work on those later this evening.

Amano shrimp and pygmy cories should be arriving tomorrow!

Dinner tonight in the breeding trap. Shrimp seem quite content but their existence in the tank is driving the Endlers crazy :rolleyes:

img_3308438_0_83c88ac7ea80f50abafdcef9007cd716.jpg

Do you have pics of the new branch cholla?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I just looked up the branched cholla from the site she listed a few posts back and it is pretty neat looking. Standing them up on their ends and topping with moss, one can make a mini forest.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That'd make an awesome base for a moss tree!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That'd make an awesome base for a moss tree!!

We're talking a whole forest. If I can stop killing moss then that could be a potential theme. Even Java moss could be used, though a weeping or flame moss would work as well. Stainless steel mesh and screws could be used as a base for each tree.

Xmas moss has been pretty easy in my tanks, gets a nice layered effect going as well. That'd be my choicem

Last night I was staring at the Spec trying to figure out how I'd remove all the shrimplets. They're so darn tiny....pic on the right isn't as clear but I included the pen just to give perspective on size:

img_3308613_0_b3da9a40a0f81ff167bbd05888f88d76.png

FedEx delivered Rachel's package before I woke up, I left the camera on all night so the battery was dead, and my computer decided it wanted to do system updates....happy Friday :rolleyes: :blink:

So the cholla...it arrived very well packaged so there was no breakage:

img_3308613_1_f74ebc14b8d61486e835877ee0e99056.jpg

There are 8 pieces, the shortest at 4.5" and the longest at a fraction under 7". Trees could definitely be do-able. Nice mix of shapes and sizes:

img_3308613_2_8c0b1d6ccb00d80ab751cb48663fae7f.jpg

Very happy with this purchase, definitely worth the money.

This is my first assassin snail who is currently on an MTS binge in the Spec:

img_3308613_3_3e0bbc5ab494e4eb2b34bc586cb23857.jpg

Awesome! I had a few that didn't make it awhile back and they did look huge compared to my nanofish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Put one of the Amanos in the 16g, ram decided to have a bit of a stare down:

img_3308715_0_f0370d8f42c1a5f7e3bf8e8cdf6c58bc.jpg

Peacocks had to come see what was going on as well:

img_3308715_1_c71198ac71223791c1038d816688419e.jpg

Put one of the Amanos in the 16g, ram decided to have a bit of a stare down:

img_3308718_0_f0370d8f42c1a5f7e3bf8e8cdf6c58bc.jpg

Peacocks had to come see what was going on as well:

img_3308718_1_c71198ac71223791c1038d816688419e.jpg

Those are caption contest picture material!

Ram to anamo;"do you come here often?,.....Not anymore!"

Peacocks;"did someone say shrimp buffet!?"

Those are great quality pics T!

I'll throw male GBR out there!

Those are caption contest picture material!

Ram to anamo;"do you come here often?,.....Not anymore!"

Peacocks;"did someone say shrimp buffet!?"

Those are great quality pics T!

I'll throw male GBR out there!

Thanks so much, great captions!

I was wondering about the ram...quite feisty and interactive and finally getting in on the feeding time craziness.

Yah that ram is not liking the competition hehe.. you have a good top on the tank ther? Those amanos will literally stroll right on out..

Fish look great Theresa! Your ram looks great, I agree with CB that it's a guy! My amano's get along fine with the GBR in the 16, they occasionally get chased when they get too close to the nest :lol: I've had an amano crawl across the room from the tank towards the window, came home from school saw him dried up next to my bed :( Never had any crawl out the 16 though. 5.5 doesn't have a lid though. You shouldn't have a problem.

Oh yeah, someone with a bit of creativity could do some interesting aquascaping with these!

I've got more SS mesh than I know what to do with. Paired with SS screws, these should keep the trees upright. PM me.

Yah that ram is not liking the competition hehe.. you have a good top on the tank ther? Those amanos will literally stroll right on out..

Fish look great Theresa! Your ram looks great, I agree with CB that it's a guy! My amano's get along fine with the GBR in the 16, they occasionally get chased when they get too close to the nest :lol: I've had an amano crawl across the room from the tank towards the window, came home from school saw him dried up next to my bed :( Never had any crawl out the 16 though. 5.5 doesn't have a lid though. You shouldn't have a problem.

I didn't know they were escape artists! I put just 1 in the 16 which has a stadard lid with cutouts for filter and heater. Shrimp and ram did their staring thing then the ram backed off. Haven't seen the shrimp since so I hope it's just hiding :hide:

The other 2 went in the Evolve with the female betta & rasboras. That lid is wonky and doesn't fit properly since I added the Stingray <nervously keeps checking desk and floor>. Tank lights aren't on yet since there's still a lot of sun in the room but I'll be checking soon.

I've got more SS mesh than I know what to do with. Paired with SS screws, these should keep the trees upright. PM me.

Thanks, I'll definitely let you know. Not sure what I want to do as far as aquascaping at this point. Last thought was just jungle gyms of cholla and the free floating najas...the shrimp love both so it would be a playground for them! I still have to deal with the remaining shrimplets though. The Assassin is having a great time going thru the MTS :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom