Thermometer Placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jetstorm369

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys, where would you recommend placing a heater in the aquarium? Closer to the outflow, or the inflow, of water? Thanks!

Hey guys, where would you recommend placing a thermometer in the aquarium? Closer to the outflow, or the inflow, of water? Thanks!

I just place mine in the front corner. That's where I see a lot of people have them.

I wouldn't place it next to the heater.

I just place mine in the front corner. That's where I see a lot of people have them.

I wouldn't place it next to the heater.

Hey, sorry. I meant to say heater lol. Where would you put the heater? Thanks!

I usually use two. One as far from the heater as possible and one about 4-6 inches upstream from the heater. This just helps me gauge the accuracy of the heater.

Heater: in the path of highest flow.

Oooooh, I thought that was a curious question. :lol:

I place mine on the back of the tank away from the water flow - both intake and out put. Mine comes off an on as it needs and I've never had any issue with it.

Hey guys, where would you recommend placing a heater in the aquarium? Closer to the outflow, or the inflow, of water? Thanks!

I place my two heaters laying down underneath / next to the intake. Warm water gets pulled into the filter and comes out as warm outflow/current.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom