Think I killed my electric ram =[

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

himdie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got the ram about a week ago and he was doing fine colored up nicely I dosed my metricide and fertz like always and he did fine ate and whatnot then I dosed my metricide a little higher than usual yesterday since I was aiming for 1mml per gallon and he started to gasp at the surface and I being an idiot left him too it all my other fish are fine as are my parameters. You guys think the metricide did it since he was a new addition and wasnt used to it?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They are sensitive little guys, and require very good water parameters, so maybe so, he wasn't used to it. Does that change the pH?

Did you check your water parameters?

It doesnt chnage the ph its liquid carbon pretty much and weird thing is I have 3 other rams in there and theyre fine

It doesnt chnage the ph its liquid carbon pretty much and weird thing is I have 3 other rams in there and theyre fine

Could be it just wasn't used to it, like you said, or something else was possibly wrong with it. Did you have it in a QT? Or how long have you had it in your tank , did you already say?

I dint quarantine sadly I have a bunch of platties and guppies in my qt atm so the waters a bit diff theyre pooping machines and nitrates always get a bit high in there

I had it in my tank for a week and it was fine it ate and colored up nicely I guess I just messed up by incteasung the dosing even if it wasnt by much

Back
Top Bottom