Thinking about a rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

himdie

Aquarium Advice Freak
So thinking about getting rid of the wisteria and adding some syngonanthus "belem" since I like the looks of that and maybe getting rid of 2 out of the 4 amazon swords since theyre getting huge and placing maybe some pogo erectus or rotala back in the right corner

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1410981527284.jpg
    1410981527284.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 77
That sounds like a good plan. Swords to outgrow a smaller tank quickly. I have two in my tank that I really should let go but just cannot seem to do it. LOL

Rotala is a nice plant. Adds some color,

Thats one of them in the corner behind a rock cave I have, thinking maybe the rotala over there? Thoughts?

Attachments

• 1411076551874.jpg
    1411076551874.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 62
Hi! Yeah.. I'd remove some if not all the swords, so much more room for activities! !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Haha very true brook but they are pretty great plants they just take up half the darn tank

And I gotta wait since ny gbr have another batch of fry =\ dam guys try like every week or two but so far they get free swimming and then after a coupke days disappear

Hmm ok if I remove all 4 swords wth am I gunna do with all that extra room! Lol what can/should I add?? All ive got atm is anubia nanas on the driftwood, like a zillion crypt wendtii red, some java moss aaand the crinium and foreground plants

A couple groups of stem plants, especially along the back would look nice. Look for contrasting colors and leaf textures.
In the foreground, Staurogynes repens.
A year ago my tank was primarily swords, crypts, and dwarf sag. They have all been replaced with various stem plants. It's crowded now. No room for activities!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom