Thinking about adding some shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sam870o

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 45 gallon with 6 mollies and 3 swordtails 2 platys and 3 pepper Cory's. I was wonder if some cherry shrimp would do ok in my tank. It's pretty densely planted with fake plants.

They might be ok, especially if there is a lot of cover. However, the juveniles might get eaten, should the RCS breed. It might be tough to sustain a colony.

yeah the tank has alot of plants all fake except for 2 small ones and some java moss.. so plenty of hiding spots. i purchased 8 rcs and they seem do be doing well except i can only find 2 at the moment.. :blink:

This is a pic of the tank. Also dunno why it looks that bright in the pic it's really not that bright.

Attachments

• image-1329277548.jpg
    image-1329277548.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 77
Sam870o said:
yeah the tank has alot of plants all fake except for 2 small ones and some java moss.. so plenty of hiding spots. i purchased 8 rcs and they seem do be doing well except i can only find 2 at the moment.. :blink:

I pit 8 in my 20 gallon a couple weeks ago and was worried that only 2-4 had survived during the first week. After about 10 days I started to see just about all of them at once. They really do need to settle in.

I put a Fluval Edge round filter sponge over the intake to my canister filter to keep the fry from getting sucked into the filter. They're cheap and work well to protect young shrimp. Highly recommended. It's good to get a couple so when you clean one out you have a fresh one. Don't want those beautiful shrimp to get sucked up!

I pit 8 in my 20 gallon a couple weeks ago and was worried that only 2-4 had survived during the first week. After about 10 days I started to see just about all of them at once. They really do need to settle in.

I put a Fluval Edge round filter sponge over the intake to my canister filter to keep the fry from getting sucked into the filter. They're cheap and work well to protect young shrimp. Highly recommended. It's good to get a couple so when you clean one out you have a fresh one. Don't want those beautiful shrimp to get sucked up!

Yea i bought couple of 3x8 filter media bags that fit on my filter intake strainer perfect. I have a cascade 700 canister filter.

Back
Top Bottom