Thinking of going pressurized CO2...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PITT

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is this all I would need besides a check valve and some sort of reactor (power head) and ph regulator? Is the ph regulator essential? Can i just test ph and adjust?

http://www.tsunamiaquatic.com/catalog/item/2029343/1435493.htm

Can that price be legit? It seems to be much cheaper than I expected.

If this isn't a good deal/option can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks everyone

That is just the bottle. You will need all the other pieces. Probably another 150 dollars. A ph regulator is not needed.

Sounds like it's just for the bottle with the valve. You will still need to get the regulator, solenoid, needle valve, and bubble counter setup. As for the ph controller, that would be optional, you don't really need it.

The page said this...

**Picture showing 10 lbs co2 bottle with Milwaukee brand co2 regulator with needle valve, solenoid valve and bubble counter.

This is why I thought it would be an all in one.

Isn't that way expensive for just a bottle?

This is what the ad is actually for...
20 lb. Aluminum CO2 bottle, new. 28 inches tall WITH VALVE

The below pic they are just showing the bottle with everything on it, but that's ot what they are selling. It' just the bottle.

As for a 10lb bottle, that price is just about right.

I personally would try to contact them and find out, but I'm pretty sure the only thing that you are getting is just the bottle.

As for the regulator, that Milwaukee regulator setup is what I use on all my CO2 tanks.

Then the only thing you have left is CO2 grade tubing and the diffuser/reactor, whichever you decide to use. Can use a airstone under a powerhead, it get a powered reactor, or an inline reactor if you are using a canister filter.

How long would a 5lb 10 lb 20 lb tank last in a 55 gal?

I know it will depend but in general?

that is good news...that means i could go w/ a 5 lb and save 40 bucks.

5 lb can 80 aprox
Milwaukee regulator 80 aprox

I could be on my way for 160ish?

I already have a power head...would that be enough to maximize the CO2

*pic is a little old...HOB gone and powerhead in

I have DIY now and the powerhead made a HUGE difference. In the pic you can see I jused to have a "stone" defuser. The power head looks so much better since the HOB is gone and really does a great job so far.

How much does it cost to fill a CO2 tank and where do you do it?

Wow, that seems like a lot of cash for the bottle. My husband got for mine for less than $40 for 7 lbs. Maybe he just got a REALLY good deal.

PITT said:
I have DIY now and the powerhead made a HUGE difference. In the pic you can see I jused to have a "stone" defuser. The power head looks so much better since the HOB is gone and really does a great job so far.

How much does it cost to fill a CO2 tank and where do you do it?

For a 5lb, it would probably cost around 12.00 to refill. A 10lb would cost about 15.00-17.00. And my 20lb costs 22.00 to refill.

where do you do it? Is it the same places that do paintball CO2's?

I get mine refilled at a medical/welding supply shop. That's also where I bought my bottle. And before they fill your new one, they may need to pressure test it, etc, which will also cost extra.

I'm going to have to call some paintball stores! If I could get the tank for 40 w/ no shipping i'd go pressurized tomorrow.

Thanks for the tip.

The tank is used though. Not sure if that matters to you or not. And it could be that he just got a really good deal at the time.

Back
Top Bottom