Thirty Gallon Build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
needmorecowbell said:
Update

Great news!!! I think I got a coral or something!!! Definitely not apstasia. It is hard, white, and looks like a root. If it's a coral it's dead.. But I have no clue what it is. I found it when i was breaking live rock for my filter. Also, I got my skimmer skimming lol. Needed to adjust the air, it's going great now.

Dead?? :/ picture!!!

needmorecowbell said:
I can't get a pic right now sorry, but what I meant by dead was that it is really white.

But it could be dead right? It had been out of water for awhile, and do you have enough lighting?

I don't have enough lighting but i didnt have it out of water for that long of a time.. Less time than it would take for me to frag the coral... If it was one and was big enough.

needmorecowbell said:
I don't have enough lighting but i didnt have it out of water for that long of a time.. Less time than it would take for me to frag the coral... If it was one and was big enough.

Well thats good, i guess just keep your lights on and see how it goes??

What if its a deadly parasite and is goint to nuke your entire tank after you introduce corals and every fish?? Lol just trying to scare you!!! Hahah

needmorecowbell said:
Haha im gonna be paranoid for like a week cuz of this

Hahaha sorry! Im going to say the same thing after youve added fish and corals!

Lol, great news, my cycle started!!! My ammo is at .25 ppm... Or .025 forget which one but it's the second lowest on the API test kit. And I payed closer attention to the rest of the rock and found tube worms, and clams or something like that.. Also a lot of corraline algae an these little red branchy things that are on a piece of rock. They are hard.

Great!!! And thatd be .25 , 0.025 is practically nothing haha. So i was looking at some old posts on this thread and was wondering if the stock list had changed at all as far as fish, corals, inverts, and CUC. maybe youll want to refresh us, as well as get it down in writing :)

Lol I think my fish are...
1 true perc clown
1-2 bangaii cardinals
1 neon goby
1 watchmen goby
1 gramma or firefish (maybe)
1 pistol shrimp

For corals...
A lot of ricordea
Leather
Xenia
Candy cane
Maybe some zoos

For cuc...
I just want a conch and maybe a cleaner shrimp the rest is normal stuff

Is this too much? I dont want any fighting or overpopulating.

needmorecowbell said:
1 true perc clown
1-2 bangaii cardinals
1 neon goby
1 watchmen goby
1 pistol shrimp

For corals...
A lot of ricordea
Leather
Xenia
Candy cane
Maybe some zoos

For cuc...

That all sounds great! But I would only do 1 cardinal because 6 fish is ALOT!

needmorecowbell said:
1 true perc clown
1-2 bangaii cardinals
1 neon goby
1 watchmen goby
1 pistol shrimp

For corals...
A lot of ricordea
Leather
Xenia
Candy cane
Maybe some zoos

For cuc...

That sounds great! But I would stick with one cardinal because 6 fish is overstocked in a 30 gallon... 5 is about the limit.:)

I like it!! And conch, as in the Golden Conch in Spongebob?!?! Follow the conch...

SleepsWithFish said:
That sounds great! But I would stick with one cardinal because 6 fish is overstocked in a 30 gallon... 5 is about the limit.:)

Okay I thought it would be a little crowded, I'll take away the cardinal and gramma/ firefish

Update

Live rock came in today.. I washed it and broke some pieces because they were a bit big. Overall great purchase, 27lbs goes a long way lol. It's still cloudy ( it wasnt until I moved the sand when adding the rock) so I will get pics after.. There's a pretty good amount of them from the first thing I did to now.

Also, PLEASE give me your opinion on my rock. It's my first time aquascaping something like this and I want it to be great, or at least good. Right now its a little basic, but my family likes it. I'm still not sure, I like the cove look.

You can keep the gramma if you want. Just keep it at five:) also, newyorksteelo has a great video on YouTube about aquascapeing with live rock. (he's like my idol when it comes to fish)
YouTube
Theres the link.

Your stock list is the same as mine exept instead of the neon goby I'll have another clown:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom