Thirty Gallon Build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Other way around. Sixline wrasses are pretty bulletproof compared to a lot of others, although flasher wrasses aren't difficult to keep either. Flashers cost a lot more, typically. Sixlines can be pugnacious with other tank mates, so stock with caution. If you are considering a flasher wrasse, it is more peaceful typically, but be sure to research the exact species, as some get quite a bit larger than others. You'll want to stick to a smaller one for a 30 gal.

I haven't read through all 100 pages of this, but if you are even considering a wrasse, you'll need a cover if you don't already have one.

severum mama said:
Other way around. Sixline wrasses are pretty bulletproof compared to a lot of others, although flasher wrasses aren't difficult to keep either. Flashers cost a lot more, typically. Sixlines can be pugnacious with other tank mates, so stock with caution. If you are considering a flasher wrasse, it is more peaceful typically, but be sure to research the exact species, as some get quite a bit larger than others. You'll want to stick to a smaller one for a 30 gal.

I haven't read through all 100 pages of this, but if you are even considering a wrasse, you'll need a cover if you don't already have one.

Ive heard that they need to be fed multiple times per day. And yea, they can be mean too

Alright, I think I'll just stick with a six line then. Thanks though! My list right now is..
1 true perc(bought)
1 Bangaii cardinal(bought)
1 purple firefish(might Change)
1 6 line wrasse(might change)
1 yellow watchmen goby ( might change)

I want a more colorful goby or Benny, any suggestions? I heard firefish will hide in groups of one, what could I do instead or should I just not get that fish?

needmorecowbell said:
Alright, I think I'll just stick with a six line then. Thanks though! My list right now is..
1 true perc(bought)
1 Bangaii cardinal(bought)
1 purple firefish(might Change)
1 6 line wrasse(might change)
1 yellow watchmen goby ( might change)

I want a more colorful goby or Benny, any suggestions? I heard firefish will hide in groups of one, what could I do instead or should I just not get that fish?

Midas blenny?

Also, u have an open top system, I have some extra egg crate but I dont want any light blocked. I also want a clam if its possible. I have a 4 bulb t5 Fishneedit fixture.

This thread has strayed off topic many times since the last warning. If you would like to chat, that's fine- we have a chat room here, or there's Facebook, instant messaging, etc. A build thread is not the place for chit chat.

Last warning- please keep this thread on topic or it will be closed.

Alright, sorry. I fragged my dying acro into 4 pieces and spread them over the rockwork. I may be going to the lfs tomorrow. Does anyone think a ywg would be a good idea?

Update

I bought a scooter blenny! I was looking at the ywg but he didn't seem very healthy and was quite small. The blenny looks great and is lively. I should probably take some pictures soon, it's been awhile.

AWESOME!!! Alright man you are the guinea pig, if your scooter does well then in a few months maybe i will be able to find a mandarin that eats prepared foods. You are the experiment :D

I sure hope the lfs didn't lie to me... I don't think I could take care of a mandarin and if this is like one.. I just don't know..

needmorecowbell said:
I sure hope the lfs didn't lie to me... I don't think I could take care of a mandarin and if this is like one.. I just don't know..

Lol yea hopefully man!! You should have asked to see it eat in the store!!

Ya very true.. You should have aske them to feed it and see if they are right. Or maybe reserve it and have them call you when its feeding time? Ya i have heard the blenny an mandarin are pretty much the same care wise, but i have no experience :(

Well luckily he is eating mysis.. Not much but he is. Lol I would have gotten the mandarin if I knew it had the same reqs!! Whatever. Hes cute and I like him.

needmorecowbell said:
Well luckily he is eating mysis.. Not much but he is. Lol I would have gotten the mandarin if I knew it had the same reqs!! Whatever. Hes cute and I like him.

Definitly!! I love scooters!!

Back
Top Bottom