Thirty Gallon Build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it okay to start out with tap? I'm worried pwc's will take too long and I don't have the money right now.

Update

The tank is almost clear. Just a few more hours. There are some air pockets in the sand, should I get them out? Also, tomorrow is when the cycling begins.. I'll buy some live rock and a filter, along with various other things. Any opinions, suggestions, or comments?

needmorecowbell said:
Update

The tank is almost clear. Just a few more hours. There are some air pockets in the sand, should I get them out? Also, tomorrow is when the cycling begins.. I'll buy some live rock and a filter, along with various other things. Any opinions, suggestions, or comments?

Nah sounds good! Did you use tap for the original fillup?

Did you start the cycle yet? If so those pockets are probably nitrogen trapped in the sand:)

SleepsWithFish said:
Did you start the cycle yet? If so those pockets are probably nitrogen trapped in the sand:)

Nope just sand... It said itbwas live bit it was dry sand... I bought ammonia but it says it has a surfactant in it.... Is that bad?( I really hope not)

Cant use ammonia with any surfecants in it. :-( ace hardware sells janitorial strength ammonia for like $3 a quart which is way more than you'll need.

Ya is this a reef? If so what lighting are you using "needmorecowbell" (i felt really stupid typing that lol) Redsea, what kind of lighting do these corals need?

carey said:
Cant use ammonia with any surfecants in it. :-( ace hardware sells janitorial strength ammonia for like $3 a quart which is way more than you'll need.

Why didnt he use the raw shrimp method?

Gboy66 said:
Ya is this a reef? If so what lighting are you using "needmorecowbell" (i felt really stupid typing that lol) Redsea, what kind of lighting do these corals need?

No sure exactly. All I know is that they are low-light to moderate light corals. :)

redsea said:
No sure exactly. All I know is that they are low-light to moderate light corals. :)

Ah thank you. Ill look into those if i ever get some adequite lighting

carey said:

Ehh, okay I'll get some I have one that I can bike to.. In 40 degree weather :/

Back
Top Bottom