Thirty Gallon Build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bearchumjs said:
Isn't it practically new? Any kind of manufacturers warranty you could look into?

Nope I bought the wrong one. I'll be looking at brs for an ro membrane holder. I have a filter for it.

Wel I found it!! An ro membrane canister (10") that uses 1/4" hose... Guess how much?? 15$! Which means the gfo reactor is still able to be bought!

needmorecowbell said:
Wel I found it!! An ro membrane canister (10") that uses 1/4" hose... Guess how much?? 15$! Which means the gfo reactor is still able to be bought!

That's awesome!! I'm so glad you found it!

needmorecowbell said:

Sweet! Can't wait to see some update pics soon :)

Thanks everyone! I know I've been procrastinating the pictures, but I want it to look good for you guys! I'm not satisfied yet lol!

needmorecowbell said:
Thanks everyone! I know I've been procrastinating the pictures, but I want it to look good for you guys! I'm not satisfied yet lol!

Happy you found the piece adam. Cmon man, they dont have to be perfect!!! Hahah

Alright, I'll start taking some pics today or tomorrow, don't expect to be amazed though! I'm still trying to get everything back in order, it's starting to get hard because im lacking an important thing.. Money.

I bought everything today! I finally went to brs and ordered the canister plus one pound of gfo.. Which means I'm bound to buying a reactor now! Wish it was cheaper, but that's what I did. I didn't take the pics again, sorry. They will be soon I swear!

needmorecowbell said:
I bought everything today! I finally went to brs and ordered the canister plus one pound of gfo.. Which means I'm bound to buying a reactor now! Wish it was cheaper, but that's what I did. I didn't take the pics again, sorry. They will be soon I swear!

Good purchases. Right, now you cant back out or buying the reactor! Haha.

If you dont mind, what is the benefit of a reactor and gfo?

Gboy66 said:
Good purchases. Right, now you cant back out or buying the reactor! Haha.

If you dont mind, what is the benefit of a reactor and gfo?

Will reduce your phosphates to 0 over time and keep them there

I was going to buy the one from brs that comes witha pump. It's 70$ hopefully next month I'll buy it then not have to deal with algae anymore. But that's just a hope lol. I don't want to sell anymore coral in fear that I Might give someone bryopsis.

It came! The ro filter fits.. I think. But the hose... Its too small. What should I do :'( Could I go get something to make it fit a 1/4" or would it not work?

needmorecowbell said:
It came! The ro filter fits.. I think. But the hose... Its too small. What should I do :'( Could I go get something to make it fit a 1/4" or would it not work?

Which hose do you mean? There's an adapter for everything.

It doesn't matter anymore, it's not the right thing. It needs three holes, one for input, one for waste, and one for output. Gotta love how I break the one that I can't replace!! I don't know what im going to do, distilled water aint cheap when you need to buy a bunch of it. I don't know what to do.. I don't have much money to spend, the tank isn't looking very pretty, and although I love this hobby, I just don't know how I'll afford it along with everything else. The funny thing is, im in way too deep to quit the hobby, I wouldn't even know where to start. Plus, I love it too much.

BRS has videos on how to install all of their RO filters both on their site and on YouTube. Have you watched them? Still, I've hooked up at least five ROs, all different. I'll do my best to help you any way I can.

Back
Top Bottom