Thirty Gallon Build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think your text sent correctly, mind posting that again?

EDIT: Oh, Nevermind lol. Yeah, they are great. I am lucky enough to have an active club with people who have tons of knowledge.

Hey Adam thought I'd inform you that the frag you gave me made a full recovery from almost certain death lol. There was literally like 5 polyps left on the 2 branches haha.

Mrc8858 said:
Hey Adam thought I'd inform you that the frag you gave me made a full recovery from almost certain death lol. There was literally like 5 polyps left on the 2 branches haha.

Oh the one with 3 small branches? That's great!

Well, I'm sad to say that for the time being, this tank will be coral only. I'm giving the fish to the reef club (they accepted my offer gladly, they will take care of them well). Its really sad to see them go, but money is really tight right now. Homecoming is in a week or two and I barely have the money for that. It WILL be a full reef someday again, even if it kills me! I'm sorry if anyone is disappointed in my choice, but I dont see another way right now. I'll probably raffle on a coral to make myself feel better lol..

I AM dissapointed! Cmon dude!! Get your parents to pay for homecoming! Lol

You must really like this girl..... Haha

needmorecowbell said:
Well, I'm sad to say that for the time being, this tank will be coral only. I'm giving the fish to the reef club (they accepted my offer gladly, they will take care of them well). Its really sad to see them go, but money is really tight right now. Homecoming is in a week or two and I barely have the money for that. It WILL be a full reef someday again, even if it kills me! I'm sorry if anyone is disappointed in my choice, but I dont see another way right now. I'll probably raffle on a coral to make myself feel better lol..

But why is it Hard to keep fish? You only have 3!

Bearchumjs said:
Sorry to see your fish go. Now you can focus on your coral. I hope you have a great time at homecoming!!

^this!
Best wishes for your tank and homecoming. Don't worry, your tank will be even more amazing by the time you're in a position to repopulate your fish. Time and patience do great things to reef tanks.

Get the ladies adam!! Lol but right after homecoming i expect you to get that flame hawk back and then buy a black clown :) have fun dude your the man.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
I AM dissapointed! Cmon dude!! Get your parents to pay for homecoming! Lol

You must really like this girl..... Haha

Lol yeah right, that will happen! And yes we've been dating for a while now.

Gboy66 said:
But why is it Hard to keep fish? You only have 3!

Actually, two lol. I'm dealing with algae (bryopsis), along with no rodi water. No rodi means less water changes. To compensate, I'm going to have very little nutrients in my tank.. No fish. Im really thinking of stuffing it with some inverts hehehe... They don't make much bioload right?

Bearchumjs said:
Sorry to see your fish go. Now you can focus on your coral. I hope you have a great time at homecoming!!

Luckily they will be going to some great people, and yes, I'm going to be quite happy when my zoanthids aren't looking mad at me :)

Thank you, I'm sure I will.

CorallineAlgae said:
^this!
Best wishes for your tank and homecoming. Don't worry, your tank will be even more amazing by the time you're in a position to repopulate your fish. Time and patience do great things to reef tanks.

Thanks! I'm thinking once the algae is cleared and my bday passes ( late October), I'll be able to add fish. I'll start a whole new stock, slowly of course, the beneficial Bacteria will be low.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Get the ladies adam!! Lol but right after homecoming i expect you to get that flame hawk back and then buy a black clown :) have fun dude your the man.

Lol black clown is on the list for sure, idk about the flame.. Been there done that, plus i really love inverts.

Either way man, do your dance thing and get a paper route or something. I'm sitting here with an encrusted bird's nest frag that is totally calling your name in a couple months.

Sniperhank said:
Either way man, do your dance thing and get a paper route or something. I'm sitting here with an encrusted bird's nest frag that is totally calling your name in a couple months.

Woah, woah, woah.... This doesn't mean I'm going to stop buying things for the tank haha. I just can't do water changes with rodi water because I don't have a unit. I do have distilled and I'll use that. When my algae is gone and the tank is looking spiffy, I'll start adding fishies. I'm going to be 16, so Petco or something is calling my name. Money for gas will be coming up, so it's a bit stressful. Ill figure it out though, my tank is going to look great (in my eyes) someday.

Whenever your ready to frag just tell me, maybe when im algae free we could. That way all my stuff is safe for you. I accidentally fragged my purple plasma stag which is soo pretty. It has started to encrust at the base so it will be good then.

I'm not concerned about algae free, I already have byropsis. Haven't even started to address the issue. I'll snag a pic of it this weekend and put it in my thread. Just want it to color up more. As I'm adjusting my lighting further, aka lowering them, more color is coming out.

Sniperhank said:
I'm not concerned about algae free, I already have byropsis. Haven't even started to address the issue. I'll snag a pic of it this weekend and put it in my thread. Just want it to color up more. As I'm adjusting my lighting further, aka lowering them, more color is coming out.

Oh yeah, I forgot. Well then whenever really, that's the only algae I have. I'm thinking i might lower the LEDs for mine also. The purple plasma lost it's "pop" when the algae got bad, but the polyps look a lot greener..

Back
Top Bottom