Thirty Gallon Build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it only on the plugs? If so you may be able to dip just the plugs in peroxide to slap it around before it becomes an issue.

Well the enchinata I just fragged it three ways so that two are free of it and the other has a small spot. The birdsnest is on a rock which I've fragged it down into 7 beautiful looking clean frags so I may just dip that one but I'd hate to harm the mother colony cause its become a very nice piece. I've been slowly lowering my nutrient levels to near zero and raising reef levels back up so I've actually been seeing a good decline in all my algae.

You know what as I was typing that I was staring at my tank and in just gonna pull out my dremel and just cut what I can off this rock lol.

Here you go problem solved lol but if you are ever down this way Adam you can grab a few free frags if you want just let me know.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121215_162627.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121215_162627.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 83
Lol thanks, they look amazing. Once I get my tank fixed, I might take u up on that offer.

My parents are buying the 150gpd filter extension thingy to cut down on waste water for the rodi unit. Mainly because it'd save them money on the water bill. Thanks mom and dad lol!! I really didn't realize how expensive this thing was. The energy bill must be scary.

... I don't know why, but for some reason, there is very, very little bryopsis now. A lot died off since December. Which means... Another clarkii clownfish?

Honestly if I were you I would be patient and wait for it to nearly completely disappear since it was such an infestation before that way I'd the one fish does put u over the line you'll have much more time to correct the situation again instead of a yr long algae battle lol.

Mrc8858 said:
Honestly if I were you I would be patient and wait for it to nearly completely disappear since it was such an infestation before that way I'd the one fish does put u over the line you'll have much more time to correct the situation again instead of a yr long algae battle lol.

Darn you for being sensible! (and right) lol

Haha true, I'm going to wait until the Gfo kicks in. Plus its been About 6 months since the outbreak. so maybe a torch instead lol :) I need one on the right side of the tank because I'm OCD and need symmetry lol. Maybe Ernest the clown will get a girlfriend in January lol.

Haha earnest will most likely be a girl once he gets one because I'm going to have a hard time finding one bigger than him. But no :/ I bought he pump to the Gfo reactor and the actual reactor is on its way, so im going to say February is when I'll get another clown. The tanks actually looking nice now, with the exception of a couple corals that aren't liking how its not all about them now and it's more fish oriented lol. The purple plasma looks brownish, but hopefully raising light levels will fix it. All the softies look great, the lps look great, especially the frogspawn. The sps I'm having trouble with, but nothing crazy. And I'm about to do a water change with my new seachem salinity salt!

Haha I know!! Well my reactor came in, I'll be tinkering with it after school and swimming. Any advice with it? I have the two little fishies one.

needmorecowbell said:
Haha I know!! Well my reactor came in, I'll be tinkering with it after school and swimming. Any advice with it? I have the two little fishies one.

They shouldnt even continue the sport of swimming in Pennsylvania...lol

Goodluck with the reactor! Hopefully this helps (even though the algae seems to be vanishing)

They shouldnt even continue the sport of swimming in Pennsylvania...lol

Goodluck with the reactor! Hopefully this helps (even though the algae seems to be vanishing)

Lol its indoors!!! But sooo painful haha.

And thanks! There's not much algae anymore, but pwc's take forever to do because the rodi takes so long. It's annoying.

Setting up the reactor will depend on the media you choose. I think it's always a good idea to start off by using less media than you think you need. If it's regular GFO then you should rinse it by filling the reactor over a sink then put some tap water in a bucket, place the reactor pump in the water and let it discharge into the sink until it runs clear. This let's you wash the media and adjust the flow from the pump To get a nice soft tumble (unless you're using the sump pump) before you install it in the tank. if your using something like Phosban you probably don't need to rinse it at all. Normal GFO can be super dirty.

BRS has some great GFO on there that I want to try...their high capacity stuff. Might be worth looking into in terms of preventing byropsis from coming back in the future.

Thanks both of ya. I bought brs's regular Gfo. I still need to buy 1/2" hose though -__- I have everything ready for me but I just need some hose!!! Tis frustrating. Well anyways, should I expect improvement in anything within a few days/week/month?

Back
Top Bottom