This is the end of a bad journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patrice

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I can take i anymore. Everything that I do, don't work. So after 3 years and trying every day to figure out whats wrong, i am out of the game. its not possible to have no algae if people don't know the REAL reason behind it. Dont send me links about algea site, i seen it all. ALL

I mean, how hard is it to figure it out? why i have black algae and black spot algae on every thing. Its not BBA, bba look like a bush, this is just black like sticky dust on all the sides of plants and tools.

Its supose to be high calcium and low magnesium or high iron. So if you have 30ppm calcium, you need 120ppm of magnesium right?

How i fond that out? i test it, using calcium tester and GH. GH give me 7.5 drop so thats 150ppm of calcium and magnesium. i used Epson salt to be at that standard.

One more thing, why do my leaf are curling?(with black strip algae on the side of course), i have 30 ppm of calcium for heaven sake. That already high.

Spect
20 ppm nitrate
.5ppm phosphate
120 ppm magnesium
30 ppm calcium
0.1 iron (more or less)
c02 injection all day and night
air bubble at night
2x 36w 6500 (removed deflector and added flowing plants to lower the light.)
30 gallons
very low water movement on top
plants: moss, (stunt) Micro Sword (Lilaeopsis Brasiliensis)
clear1x1.gif
, java fern and Ludwigia Needle Leaf (Ludwigia arcuata)

I've wanted to quit many many times after losing almost 60 fish since I started the hobby about a year ago. I wouldn't give up just yet.

That's JMO

Hope things turn out ok for which ever way you go. Giving up isn't always the answer...

But I'm not in your shoes.

All over Quebec. Aquarum shops have all the same problem. I would of thing that it could of be solve by someone.

Back
Top Bottom