Thorichthys maculipinnis or passionis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad you stopped by Mog, you'd be the best person on here to ask

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

All Thorichthys will get spangling early on, it's just a trait of the genus.

What store did you get these from? Pasionis, Aureum and maculipinnis are not that common in your every day LFS.

Maculipinnis would be the most likely culprit, Pasionis have a completely different head shape than the majority of the Thorichthys.

Aquarium adventure They get less common cichlids in all the time I don't know about the quality tho. Thanks for your help. This is a place that HUKIT and Cichlid ism frequents also

Find out who their wholesaler is, that will narrow it down allot. I haven't seen Aureum gold or red on anyone's list in awhile. So signs still point to maculipinnis.

LOL I know. Its not a mom and pop place. Ill see if I can find out where they order from.

That or ask them specifically about those fish. Who was the supplier.

Ok Just called them and was told they order from several different local and large breeders. He also told me they have a group that bids on different harder to find fish on line. Again I know that really don't help much. He also said that if I am looking for something they can usually find it.

Speak of the devil! That was my initial thought but it looked off to me. *shrug*

One of my young pairs...

27198-albums13421-picture63110.jpg

WOW beautiful. I can see the total difference in the head shape. And color of course.

Whaaaaaaaaa! Are those fish real?!?! did hukit just post? Glitch in the matrix...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom